[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

I am finally sticking with v23 because of this b... feature/workaround/whatever :D

Is it possible to deactivate the clamps explosion when we are using default distances ?

Clamps shouldn't trigger the teleporting issue then, doesn't they ?

Also I see this workaround becoming a problem when the new launch tower will come back anyway.

Thanks.

The exploding launch clamps is a TEMPORARY feature. It is only there as a compromise to avoid another bug which is much more annoying.

Hey, I posted this already before but then the forum's glitch removed my account :( So first of all, thanks for the amazing docking cam (yep I'm only using this, but this mod is already awesome!). Now I got one question: What the hell does this red triangle say?! ^^

And could you maybe add two little features: A little triangle or so pointing in the direction of the target (if set) so when it is out of sight that you can easily move towards it. Also add all ÃŽâ€x and vx so you don't have to estimate them (I guess, d and v are the combined values for all three dimensions).

Fabian

Hey, I posted this already before but then the forum's glitch removed my account :( So first of all, thanks for the amazing docking cam (yep I'm only using this, but this mod is already awesome!). Now I got one question: What the hell does this red triangle say?! ^^

And could you maybe add two little features: A little triangle or so pointing in the direction of the target (if set) so when it is out of sight that you can easily move towards it. Also add all ÃŽâ€x and vx so you don't have to estimate them (I guess, d and v are the combined values for all three dimensions).

Fabian

The red triangle indicates the rotation of your docking port in relation to the docking port you are trying to dock with.

I'll consider adding an indicator for where your target docking port is on the camera window. ÃŽâ€x and vx will come at some point.

I'm looking forward to it :)

And about the red triangle: I would have never guessed that :P I guessed something like distance or pointing where the port is. But I always forgot to look closely at the marker and try to figure it out.

Fabian

I wanted to see about adding an arming delay to the missiles, so I pulled all the source from the package into a C# project and added the appropriate references to the UnityEngine and Assembly-CSharp DLLs (from KSP V 0.19.1), and trying to build the mod yielded a couple type errors about things like IConvertible and System.Timers not existing. Am I missing something?

Hey,

When activate the Romfarer Plugin.

Los On Every Liftoff the TT18-A Launch Stability Enhancer. with boom and away no longer see the disconectet enhancers.

When i deactivate the Romfarer plugin. all okay the enhancer Disconect from Space vehicle and alive the disconect.

Is that a bug????

I think you'll appreciate what I've gone and done with the new Weld and Detach functions. As a proof of concept for a space-based dry dock, I built a massive ground vehicle with six Canadarm2 units on its back, which I'm calling the MCV (as the C&C unit.) here's a shot of it having taken apart a small test plane, which I then successfully reassembled.

tumblr_mm0dpiCG6A1qh1huro1_1280.jpg

Hey,

When activate the Romfarer Plugin.

Los On Every Liftoff the TT18-A Launch Stability Enhancer. with boom and away no longer see the disconectet enhancers.

When i deactivate the Romfarer plugin. all okay the enhancer Disconect from Space vehicle and alive the disconect.

Is that a bug????

If you mean that every time you take off the launch supports explode, then no - it's an intentional thing that prevents a more serious bug. I believe he means to address that at some point though.

I think you'll appreciate what I've gone and done with the new Weld and Detach functions. As a proof of concept for a space-based dry dock, I built a massive ground vehicle with six Canadarm2 units on its back, which I'm calling the MCV (as the C&C unit.) here's a shot of it having taken apart a small test plane, which I then successfully reassembled.

You are right. I really do appreciate what you have done here and i would like to see more of this.

If you mean that every time you take off the launch supports explode, then no - it's an intentional thing that prevents a more serious bug. I believe he means to address that at some point though.

I am curious. What is the more serious bug?

Hey Rom, what do you think of the suggestions I made in my previous post?

@JenkNkero - so let me see if I have this straight; your function will let us actually send up cargoloads of parts, and then actually assemble them in orbit? So for instance, if I launch a craft prior to installing MechJeb. I could send up a service module to attach the MJ part to the hull, and have it operate on the serviced vessel?

Hey Rom, what do you think of the suggestions I made in my previous post?

I did read your suggestions. Fire and Forget is definately something i would implement the next time i add something to the missile systems. The other suggestions you had build upon the remote control system, i think that whole system is poorly understood and also a bit complicated to operate effectively. Adding those features would complicate it even more so im thinking about ways to make the control easier.

But as you know, lately i have been focusing on adding features you can use to take apart and re-assemble vessels in flight using the robotic arms and the decouple/weld functions on the eva suit. I'm a bit dissapointed that i haven't gotten more feedback about those systems. Is it because it is working perfectly or it is too complicated?

... I'm a bit dissapointed that i haven't gotten more feedback about those systems. Is it because it is working perfectly or it is too complicated?

Well, to me, it all works perfectly :D My only problem with the system is that I always try to stay minimalistic, even when I have to build a huge ship I try to stay to the smallest size possible and push everything together, so it all looks bulky and nerdy lol. Currently the way I'm using the decouple/weld options is with the winch KAS Mod, by mixing the Lazor with my little crane-like vehicles.

I was trying to use the decouple and weld features with a trailer I made, a cargo with wheels that would have all sorts of miscellaneous parts that I could decouple with the Lazor, pull up with the winch/place them ontop of the vehicles, and then weld them. The problem with that is that the Winch system doesn't provide me with enough control D: On the other hand, your robotic arms, amazing as they are, they are a bit too large for me :( So I try to stick with the Damned Robotics parts.

I hope you don't take any of what I just said the wrong way though, I love your mods and even while I may not use some, they still amaze me and I may even download them (like the robotic arms) if anything just to have them lol.

Some Feedback =)

Your new update made it possible to save 18 kerbals who stranded on the mün (the landing was a little bit hard and the forward rcs thrusters ripped appart)

After a hour driving from the moonbase to the crashsite the müncrane and its crew start the repairing.

rescue1mxumi.jpg

rescue2j0u2e.jpg

Thank you very much to made this possible! (i hope it works didnt finished the repairs but im looking forward to it)

@Monababii if the robotic arms are to big copy the folder, open the folder and the part.cfg

change this (name = ISS CanadArm2 ) to something like this (name = ISS CanadArm2small )

and add this (rescaleFactor = 0.5) below this (scale = 1.25)

tadaa halfscale robotic arms

The canadarm is halfsized on my pictures

I hope its allowed =)

Edited by Ariellus

Phew. I'm not exactly sure what would have happened if I left the original changes there, but just in case I shut down the game while it was still loading <_< Thanks again!

Edit: Yay that works :D thanks! That seems to be a lot less than half the size, but it's actually kinda perfect :D

Cheers!

Edited by MonaBabii
Progress update.

Any chance of getting a more low-profile laser main module? The current ones are pretty fugly and impossible to mount in a pleasing or plausible manner.

I'd like to see this too. It honestly is a pretty big, barnacle-like protrusion to have to paste on to your ship.

But as you know, lately i have been focusing on adding features you can use to take apart and re-assemble vessels in flight using the robotic arms and the decouple/weld functions on the eva suit. I'm a bit dissapointed that i haven't gotten more feedback about those systems. Is it because it is working perfectly or it is too complicated?

Maybe because people have barely begun to adapt to the possibilities this opens up. I intend to make heavy use of this system in my orbital construction yard... but I have to assemble the yard first.

I literally just did exactly that - I built my space station without any mods, then I got the Romfarer mods and sent up four Buran manipulators and a stack laser module, and then once I had MechJeb I launched up a MechJeb Pod 2.0, grabbed the pod with one arm, grabbed the Eye with another, cut the eye from the pod, and welded it to the crew module. Here's a (way too dark) GIF of the station blinking :v

EDIT: Here's a link to a photoset showing the process (with an alternate ending...)

tumblr_mm35abITwL1qh1huro1_1280.gif

Edited by JenkNkero

RomFarer, I think it is just that we are all too stunned by how much this changes the game. In my case, I am completely changing so many things because I no longer need a docking port at every joint where two separate ships would assemble into a larger ship. My orbital construction yard HAS begun to take shape now, and from what I have read from others, ...

You will be hearing a LOT about these features and how much we love them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.