[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

I've been having an issue with the camera in flight mode where the camera focus will, in spurts, move away from the COG of the ship you're focused on, eventually leaving the camera in the dust. I dimly remember this being an issue, many moons ago (maybe circa 18.1 or thereabouts) caused by the romfarer.dll. I think it was something to do with the docking camera, and it disappeared when Lazor and the docking camera were updated.

Am I remembering this wrong? If not... hey, that camera problem seems to be back. Any workaround? If so... hey, anyone remember what mod was causing that weird camera problem?

When I add the main Lazor System part to a craft, I get a blank icon in the staging list.

In-game the icon is black.

No biggie, just annoying - any way to fix?

Also, is it normal to put multiple of these on? If I want to use yellow lazors, do both the main lazor system and the yellow lazor part have to have LOS to the target?

atm my kethane rig has 4 of each to maintain 360deg coverage, is this the intended usage? Cant have 1 of each on nose as one would obstruct othere.

How about making it so coloured lazor can fit on top of main unit?

I've been having an issue with the camera in flight mode where the camera focus will, in spurts, move away from the COG of the ship you're focused on, eventually leaving the camera in the dust. I dimly remember this being an issue, many moons ago (maybe circa 18.1 or thereabouts) caused by the romfarer.dll. I think it was something to do with the docking camera, and it disappeared when Lazor and the docking camera were updated.

Am I remembering this wrong? If not... hey, that camera problem seems to be back. Any workaround? If so... hey, anyone remember what mod was causing that weird camera problem?

First question, Do you have Bobcat's Soviet Pack, ISS Pack, Or a older version of Kerbal Attachment System installed. If yes to any of those go into your folders and delete the KAS.DLL file and install the updated version of Kerbal Attachment System on it's own.

I was having the same issue with the camera falling away from my ships and it was the old KAS.DLL and the older versions of Rom's plugins that Bobcat had originally put into his packs that were causing the issue.

When I add the main Lazor System part to a craft, I get a blank icon in the staging list.

In-game the icon is black.

No biggie, just annoying - any way to fix?

Also, is it normal to put multiple of these on? If I want to use yellow lazors, do both the main lazor system and the yellow lazor part have to have LOS to the target?

atm my kethane rig has 4 of each to maintain 360deg coverage, is this the intended usage? Cant have 1 of each on nose as one would obstruct othere.

How about making it so coloured lazor can fit on top of main unit?

did you update to KSP 20.2 yet? The error you are referring to happened a lot with 20.1

First question, Do you have Bobcat's Soviet Pack, ISS Pack, Or a older version of Kerbal Attachment System installed. If yes to any of those go into your folders and delete the KAS.DLL file and install the updated version of Kerbal Attachment System on it's own.

I was having the same issue with the camera falling away from my ships and it was the old KAS.DLL and the older versions of Rom's plugins that Bobcat had originally put into his packs that were causing the issue.

I haven't updated KAS. I bet that's the issue. Thanks loads!

EDIT: That was, indeed, the issue. Thanks double loads!

Edited by daver4470

I'm having an issue where the lazor missiles are launching on their own as soon as a plane they're on leaves the runway. No idea what's causing it.

They're each set to be staged one at a time. And as soon as my plane's wheels leave the runway, they launch without my input, regardless of weather stage lock is on. Without me pressing anything.

I might be missing something obvious here, but any help is appreciated.

Does the yellow lazors have line of sight to your target vessel? The system is designed to set fuel transfer rate based on the number of yellow lazors with line of sight to the target vessel. In addition the distance also matters, but you will only see deminishing returns beyond 500 meter. There is also a max range for the transfer where the transfer as the deminishing returns will eventually lead to 0 transfer rate.

If it is not working like this, please take note of what actually happends and give me some steps to reproduce the bug, thanks.

hmm, i need exact steps to reproduce for this bug, and along with the full log for when after this have happened.

Yeah, both the main unit (The cone shaped one) and the yellow lazors are at the very top of my ship, and I've set MechJeb to point directly at the target. The last time this failed I was at like 300 meters. I had to jump out of the saved game, go back to the main screen, then reload the mission, to which then things started to work properly. A quick-load didn't do the job.

I'm going to clear up some drive space on my platter and start doing some screen casts of some of the oddities I've found with some of my plugins. If a picture is worth a thousand words, whats a movie worth? ;)

Hi, i have installed the lazor system mod but i keep getting this problem where all the textures are missing. I can see the menus, but every time i open one up, i cant close it since the small red "close" button is missing. I have installed the mod as the "howtoinstall" file says and i have also tried to install it in other ways but it still isn't working. It would be awesome if someone could help :P

I'm having an issue where the lazor missiles are launching on their own as soon as a plane they're on leaves the runway. No idea what's causing it.

They're each set to be staged one at a time. And as soon as my plane's wheels leave the runway, they launch without my input, regardless of weather stage lock is on. Without me pressing anything.

I might be missing something obvious here, but any help is appreciated.

Hmmmm, does this happen with any plane you make?

Yeah, both the main unit (The cone shaped one) and the yellow lazors are at the very top of my ship, and I've set MechJeb to point directly at the target. The last time this failed I was at like 300 meters. I had to jump out of the saved game, go back to the main screen, then reload the mission, to which then things started to work properly. A quick-load didn't do the job.

I'm going to clear up some drive space on my platter and start doing some screen casts of some of the oddities I've found with some of my plugins. If a picture is worth a thousand words, whats a movie worth? ;)

First of all you need to visually confirm that the yellow lazor actually has line of sight.

A video would be great :)

Hi, i have installed the lazor system mod but i keep getting this problem where all the textures are missing. I can see the menus, but every time i open one up, i cant close it since the small red "close" button is missing. I have installed the mod as the "howtoinstall" file says and i have also tried to install it in other ways but it still isn't working. It would be awesome if someone could help :P

Check that you only have one version of Romfarer.dll in GameData. Other mods like Soviet Pack and KAS has been reported to conflict. If that doesn't work, please send me your output_log.txt

I started using this last night but I have a problem. I will be xfering with the yellow lazers and suddenly the xfer stops. there is room for more xfer but I can no longer xfer anything in any direction. The only way to fix this is to completely shut down the game and let it reload? Any suggestions?

I too have the same issue. Running latest KSP and Laser package. TB

Hi,

Thanks for this awesome mod!

I've got a problem though... My missles won't reach further than 5000m. My target is at 8km but missiles disappear when they're 5km away from my ship (which is a stationary balloon). My target is also stationary (a landed plane).

I don't have any issues with targets that are closer than 5000m.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi,

Thanks for this awesome mod!

I've got a problem though... My missles won't reach further than 5000m. My target is at 8km but missiles disappear when they're 5km away from my ship (which is a stationary balloon). My target is also stationary (a landed plane).

I don't have any issues with targets that are closer than 5000m.

Thanks in advance! :)

This is being foxed in the next lazor system patch.

It's not like things like this suddenly break by themself though. What happened is the loading/packing distance changes were finally implemented in the latest ksp patch.

I've been waiting for this one for a long time. It means lazor don't have to do anything with the launch clamps anymore, and it wont affect them in strange ways. You should also expect better performance. I just need more time to fix this stuff.

Hi Romf, can I call you Romf? Sounds good. Hats off for the exhaustive work you've put into the mod so far, it's really impressive.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to borrow the intercept logic from the missiles and expose it as an option in the red subsystem? To elaborate:

I've had a lot of fun trying to improvise a hit to kill anti missile system from the flight control subsystem but with either very limited success or very limited automation, relying mostly on settling in behind the target and catching up to it without overshooting which is a time (fuel) consuming intercept path with very high required specs wrt the target or alternatively loitering somewhere in the target's trajectory heading toward it as best as I can then using a very powerful RCS "kill relative velocity" maneuver at the last moment and crossing my fingers which requires a lot of hand holding and doesn't often work, although there is some real world precedent for the idea.

I'm hoping that an intercept heading rather than a combination of "face" "parallel" and "relative velocity" headings will open a fe new doors for that kind of project.

I can see that with an unknown vessel rather than the pre-baked stats of the missiles, that maybe this isn't possible, depending on how you've implemented it. The vanilla game has a current heading and a target heading already, so an autopilot keeping those aligned rather than the craft's own axis might be another option. Though, again, not knowing how a given craft will react might make it impossible.

I dream of a future with small VAB designed vessels being launched as missiles with no user control at other uncontrolled ships, incoming missiles and asteroids :D For now though, thanks again for all the fine works.

i need help! where do i put the texture folder/mac, i cant close the windows ore press eny of the butons/ pls help !

Everything should be under

GameData

|---Romfarer

----|---Parts

----|---PluginData

----|---sound

----|---textures

----|---Romfarer.dll

----|---RomfarerHSTWlaser.dll (if you are using the sunbeam)

Looks like you are missing the textures, make sure you only have one Romfarer.dll in your GameData. The soviet pack had it in, in an earlier version.

and what's the folder that the textures must be in? i'm confuse. :/

and what's the folder that the textures must be in? i'm confuse. :/

The zip file you downloaded has the following folder structure:

Romfarer_LazorSystem_v27

|---GameData

----|---Romfarer

--------|---Parts (Parts, depends on which one of my mods you downloaded)

--------|---PluginData (will be generated by the system)

--------|---sound (8 wav sound files)

--------|---textures (38 png texture files)

--------|---Romfarer.dll (the plugin)

|---Ships (example vessels using lazor)

|---source_dontinstall (only comes with the lazor system download, no need to install this but it wont hurt if you do)

|---howtoinstall.txt (install instructions, it says: "Put everything in this folder into KSP_win, and replace any conflicts.")

|---Romfarer_LazorSystem_readme.txt

So all you have to do really is to install the mod like the howtoinstall.txt explains. Open the folder Romfarer_LazorSystem_v27, copy everything. Paste it into your KSP_win folder and overwrite.

If there are more than one Romfarer.dll anywhere inside your KSP_win folder OR you are missing files because you failed to overwrite or copy it properly, the mod will not work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.