[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

I'm having issues with the remote control option , I'm targetted on the ship I want to control and connected to it , I can rotate it manually , activate the thrusters etc , I try hitting 'follow' and the ship I'm remotely controlling...just basically starts to spin on it's axis getting faster and faster and faster....

The Kerbals get a 1g gravity field to play foozeball in which is good...but it's not really what I wanted to do :)

Since you’re a dev for KSP, Could you put your parts has default parts like the air craft carrier ones in the squad folder for the next update has it would probably eliminate all bad installations, problems and issues.

I hope you do so :D

Since you’re a dev for KSP, Could you put your parts has default parts like the air craft carrier ones in the squad folder for the next update has it would probably eliminate all bad installations, problems and issues.

I hope you do so :D

And then people that doesn't install mods using a mod manager will have a hard time removing the parts they don't want from the Squad folder.

Also.

Does this mod matches well with Remote Tech?

Sorry if this addressed already, my search-fu is weak and undisciplined;

Re: Robotic arms pack, is there some way to get an object with a docking port that you are manipulating to dock to another craft (or even your own craft) without having to release the object from the arm?

I'm having some issues with Resource Transfer. I did some searching but I've had no luck. I did a trial run on Kerbin and the xfer worked fine but when I moved my miner and fuel storage tank to the mun I am unable to move any resources. Targets fine and shows the other vessels inventory just no to or from xfer. Both vessels have multiple tanks and it shows a corrected inventory.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

I'm having some issues with Resource Transfer. I did some searching but I've had no luck. I did a trial run on Kerbin and the xfer worked fine but when I moved my miner and fuel storage tank to the mun I am unable to move any resources. Targets fine and shows the other vessels inventory just no to or from xfer. Both vessels have multiple tanks and it shows a corrected inventory.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Are the yellow lazors pointed at the target vehicle?

I'm not use how exactly you use the in flight construction, can anybody help?

Same here. Tried Googling and searching YouTube for help using this feature and came up empty handed. My Kerbals are on EVA from a Lazor equipped vessel, I have the Lazor Control panel that shows my Kerbal on EVA, I activate any of the lazor modes, but I see nothing and nothing happens. I either get no feedback from the Lazor system or "Nothing hit". Can anyone explain how to use the EVA lazor system?

Edited by Gristle
speeling

Here is a video demonstrating how to do the in flight construction stuff

Thanks for the vid. I don't get any Lazor beam emanating from my Kerbals on EVA from a Lazor equipped vessel. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Edit: Solved this after a couple of hours of fiddling. Just re-installed from the archive. Not sure why my original install disn't work as copy said everything was the same except the Romfarrer.dll which was only different by date time stamp of a few minutes.

Edited by Gristle
Solved

Press alt + f2 and see if anything weird is being reported there.

It could also be another mod interfering. You can download a new copy of the game and add this mod first and then add the others one by one to see if that is the case.

Edit: If you have any other troubles, I have noticed that the DynamicWarp mod that was a remake of DEADBEEF's original also makes the Lazor mod not work.

Edited by brians200
More information

Is there any kind of restriction on the use of the red (lazor guided) lazor? I launched without problem the first module of my space station using the red lazor, but when I launched my space tug, the red lazor didn't seem to work. It wouldn't keep the direction it was set to follow (I used the "current direction" option). It wouldn't change direction to go prograde, retrograde or any other option either. The space station's module has a PPD-12 Cupola Module but the space tug has only a Probodobodyne OKTO2 probe. Does it changes anything?

BTW, thanks Romfarer for this awesome plugin!

Edited by Derrentir
Grammar

is it possible to strip down the mod to make lazor eva a stand alone? this mod has some great features like first person view, docking camera, radial camera but the rest doesnt apeal to me. :/

I feel the same way, I really want a way to build of EVA but I don't really like how the lazor system mod works. Maybe I'll just get the extra planetary launchpads.

Wow. The Tractor Beams sound really awesome. But how well would they work on low gravity planets, and Eve?

My mind is thinking "actual honest for goodness spaceship that can hover over the planet surface, land at certain POIs without leaving the atmosphere". Maybe not even needing parachutes? :P

Sounds too easy, though. But I'm thinking of the possibilities. It'll be almost like playing Spore's Space Stage, without all of that bullcrap. :)

(actually tries the mod and watches failure after failure) Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I was playing with the Stinger, and when I was hovering, the plane sunk when it went over water.

And I unfortunately can't get it to go as high as I want it to. I tried 50,000, and it turned and went into a mountain nose first.

Edited by Benie

Wow. The Tractor Beams sound really awesome. But how well would they work on low gravity planets, and Eve?

My mind is thinking "actual honest for goodness spaceship that can hover over the planet surface, land at certain POIs without leaving the atmosphere". Maybe not even needing parachutes? :P

Sounds too easy, though. But I'm thinking of the possibilities. It'll be almost like playing Spore's Space Stage, without all of that bullcrap. :)

(actually tries the mod and watches failure after failure) Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I was playing with the Stinger, and when I was hovering, the plane sunk when it went over water.

And I unfortunately can't get it to go as high as I want it to. I tried 50,000, and it turned and went into a mountain nose first.

For your enjoyment, the tractor beam system was configured in a mysterious way to ensure it takes time to figure out :D

Hey, first of all great mod I love it! I just had a quick question. I'm using a logitech extreme 3D joystick and it works in kerbal just fine but as soon as I activate the lazor system (specifically the red lazors) The joystick doesn't seen to effect control anymore. Is there just a setting I'm missing or is there just no joystick support for this mod or something else? I've searched around and can't seem to find anyone else mentioning this problem or any joystick related things at all actually. Thanks!

Firstly nice mod.

Secondly could you add a detailed explanation of the EVA features of the mod to the front pages cant find any info on em.

Also is it possible to use the guided bomb etc to eradicate the VAB and SPH buildings from orbit once and for all???? lol

Can the model for the sunbeam laser be replaced using only config change? Im guessing its more complicated, but figured Id ask before I try.

No one has tried this?? Drat...gonna have to make a model to find out now...

Edited by KhaosCorp

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.