Blockland

Jack

title.png

Blockland: That game where you build stuff.

Website.

Blockland was made by Eric 'Badspot' Hartman in ~2007. You build with lego-like pieces on maps made with .ter, .map, and .dif files. The game has full modding API support and around 20,000 active players.

Gameplay

In Blockland, you can build whatever you want, including complex circuits and deathmatch arenas. The game has an event system, a drag-and-drop modding API (extra emphasis), brick physics, and particle emitters. You can drive around cars, planes and boats. Oh, and it has online too. It's like Garry's Mod with legos.

frontpage-1.jpg

Badspot on a pirate ship.

frontpage-3.jpg

ACM City.

frontpage-4.jpg

Mocheeze(?) at Badspot's Block Party.

frontpage-2.jpg

A Blockhead in a tunnel.

6Dddm.png

An AWM I made.

Does anybody here play it?

Blockland is a one-time purchase and has one admin, the gameplay is very similar, but the community is different.

Plus the main reason most people play Blockland is for deathmatches and modding.

Same experience as Jango, Roblox has just became a, and pardon my french, a d**k swinging contest.

However what I must say is that Blockland appears to have nicer graphics what with the DOF there. I'm sure I gave it a spin some time back but never stayed with it. I might just give it another go.

Blockland was first released in 2004, and Roblox was released in 2005. Not saying that Roblox copied Blockland, but it's GUI was suprisingly similar. At the current update the games are far from alike in terms of building style, and the way multiplayer works.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Blockland was created by a single man, Eric Hartman. It uses the Torque engine, and there is no way in HELL it copied Roblox, which uses who-knows-what as a game engine, and was made by a company of many employees. They are two completely different species, they couldn't copy each other. You are an idiot if you bring Minecraft into this, Minecraft is COMPLETELY different and incomparable. I am sick and tired of these arguments.

Anyways, I play Blockland because I was finding ROBLOX to be a bit...annoying...at age 11, it had weird looking graphics compared to Blockland from my perspective, and i was tired of the guests destroying my builds.

EDIT: removed prices because I guess it counts as advertising.

• 11 months later...