Sudden computer slowdown after a long while of playing, continues after I close KSP, have to restart

KSP 0.90 (running 32x)

WIndows 8.1 64x

Since yesterday (I believe, or was it the day before? it started happening very recently, like within the past week), after I play KSP for a long while, I suddenly without warning get severe lag as in the whole computer is lagging which continues even after I close KSP, have to reboot to fix.

It started after I updated Hangar mod yesterday I believe. The most recent mods that were updated or I installed in the past week are Hangar (update), RCSbuildaid (installed, but the problem was happening before I installed this) MKS/OKS (install), chaka monkey thing (installed and then uninstalled), NovaPunch (installed), KWrocketry (installed), FAR (update), EPL (update).

http://sta.sh/019dmc5w3d3h (crashlog since it ended up crashing this time when I tried to exit KSP normally). Edit: Oh, for some reason, the crashlog file did not include the output log, so I had to manually put it in.

Mods:

FAR

B9 (and it's suite of mods)

Better Buoyancy

MechJeb

stock bug fix modules

Dmagic orbital sciences

Field Scientist pack

Novapunch

KWrocketry

wombat conversions (karbonite conversion for EPL)

SCANsat

KJR

Smart Stage

MKS/OKS

Karbonite

CRP

CSS

KAS

Universial Storage

EPL

ATM

Stock part revamp

Procedural Fairings

Hangar

Nereids backup system

Techmanager and CTT

RCSbuildaid

Edited by smjjames

i have recently started to have issues in my windows 7x64 install where i get low memory popups. this NEVER happened before last week.

i installed the memory usage mod to see ram usage in game and noticed that i get about 10-15 reverts back to launch before i have no ram left.

this issue also exist on the linux 64 bit version.

basically textures aren't unloaded from ram and you get 10-15 screen switches (number of mods affects time of death)

no matter whether stock, modded, ATMed or if you have 132Gb of ram, the titanic sinks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.