Folders for craft load screen

Hello all,

Lately I have been developing standardized rockets for my missions where spaceplanes would be inappropriate to use. While developing them, I thought, "My craft list could get pretty cluttered once I get all of the rockets developed and certified." So, I propose SQUAD implements a system that can place crafts into folders at command. I also suggest that crafts can be moved in and out of folders at will. I believe this will get rid of some clutter, and allow for some more organization among shipbuilder's saves.

Community, what are your thoughts?

-Vec

If this allows me to hide the stock craft in my sandbox games, I'm in!

I'd assume it would be able to 'hide' your stock crafts, if only in a small folder or two. You could also move the .craft files from 'Ships'* to wherever else. There is always the option of deleting it, though.

I wonder if that might also make it load faster (by showing one folder at a time instead of everything at once). When I hit the "load" button I generally have to wait a number of seconds that is not close to zero before the craft list pops up.

I'm no expert, but I assume that if you load up the screen the first time it wouldn't take too long, but every folder you open would then load in its contents. Once enough folders were open, your game might slow down a little. Again, I'm no expert, and I'm most likely wrong...

If this appears after Slam Jones' post, well, we can just call it planned, eh?

*The one outside your save file.

Edited by Vector-5
Completing thoughts...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.