KSP Crash after a while on revert to VAB - plz help!

Hello all,

I know I have to write all the mods I use and so on, but, I play with the same mods for a long time and never had a problem. Now, after a new installation of KSP, (had to format my PC) I usually copy the steam install to another place and leave the steam install 100% stock.

I have 2 problems, one, a small issue a graphic problem that does not bug me much. I use a mod Stock Part Revamp never had a problem but it seams something is missing. For example I do not have the red arrows on the decouplers. :S

Now, I have random crashes after a while. Usually when I click revert or recover. It does not happen a lot but after a while the game crash.

I have the output_log.txt (dropbox) and I do not understand krap of it.

Can someone please tell me what cause the crash?

I'm running ksp 32bit on Win7- 64bit

If you guys start kicking my butt about the list of mods I will update the thread (dam I'm lazy :P)

Thank you.

For the graphical issues, you should post in the thread for the stock revamp.

Also, that's exactly the same kind of stuff I get in my logs since I also get the crash when I recover ships or leave VAB. So, I would love to know what's going on, though last I heard, it's Unity having a brainfart or something.

It doesn't always crash on recover or exiting VAB (though it tends to on VAB exit if the ship is a big one), but yeah, it happens.

Yea, I noticed that most crashes are when you start to build up big, or have at least been using the PC for a while playing a rocket with lots of parts. It is kinda strange, this happen to me about 2 hours after I started a new career game. I just made 2 upgrades, launch pad and the VAB to get some flexibility in building. I got a contract where I have to test some part from MKS/OKS mod in orbit, those things are a bit heavy (about 6tons) and since I just have tier 1 rockets and stuff I need to put several stages and radial engines and boosters to lift the stuff up. I am getting around... hmm... maybe 40 to 50 parts more or less, cannot remember, but the clock on time warp is already yellow on launch then flips green yellow on orbit, so that means the fps are getting lower.

I do think this is the problem. The game gets too slow and some stuff cannot keep up. I do not have memory problems, usually never hits the top.

- - - Updated - - -

Just add up:

Is it me or 0.25 were more stable then 0.90? :sticktongue:

Never had this kind of stuff on 0.25.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.