ActiveTextureManagement Crash/freeze issues

Hi all,

So there's a small backstory to this which can be found here. Essentially, the long and short of it is that I've tried using aggressive ActiveTextureManagement (the latest one) and every second time I load KSP the game freezes once the loading bar has been filled and the loading icon (on the bottom right) presents itself.

Every other time, the game freezes upon opening.

Could I get some help? List of mods etc. are in the backstory.

Here is the .log file which I found. I followed the instructions on the forum, but I don't know if it includes previous attempts. If it doesn't, let me know and I can make a new one.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Is this with Aggressive or Basic ATM? I have a lot of mods on mine and if it is Basic then it doesn't do so well. The .log you have given doesn't really tell me much either. If I were you, I would try removing (just move it to desktop) some of the mods' folders from Gamedata. Try loading with one removed at a time and see if it begins to work.

It's aggressive ATM. I'll give that a shot.

UPDATE: It works again - sort of. Chatterer mod had to be removed as it comes into conflict with ATM, as well as ModuleManager, RasterPropMonitor and KerbalKonstructs due to freezes later on in the game (such as starting up a saved game, save game KSC menu goes black after switching back from craft etc.).

Additionally, the issue posted in the preceding thread has still not been resolved. I still don't know if it's ATM that's causing it or something else, and I'll need to do further troubleshoot testing.

But for now, what I've found is that Chatterer, ModuleManager, RasterPropMonitor and KerbalKonstructs come into conflict with ActiveTextureManagement on OSX. If the mods are reading this, this may be something that they may like to investigate in order to resolve the issue in future.

Edited by wulf899

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.