Proper Fairings ASAP

How do you want fairings to separate in 1.0?  

644 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want fairings to separate in 1.0?

• Confetti style
    • Clamshell style
    • Adjustable Options (eg: 1,2,3, or 4 clamshell pieces)
    • Do not care/unimportant

Any news on fairing improvements for 1.0.3?
According to a Squadcast statement, something has definitely been improved, most probably in terms of Aero or heat management. They haven't said if fairing separation choices are included with what was "fixed." Squad highlighted a clamshell fairings mod on a recent "modding Monday" post, which has caused some folks to lose hope for fairing separation choices in Stock. On that question, we are still in "wait and see" mode. If QA/Experimentals feedback has been good, few things need adjusting by the Developers expected to be returning from vacations Monday, and there's no need to do another round of testing, I think we could see 1.0.3 by this upcoming Friday.

I'd say something more like next week. (after my finals yesss)

But hey let's not turn this thread into a release date speculation.

Backto the fairings, i don't think the aero changes in 1.0.3 will include proper ones. And then, it's unity5, so not there either... but i'm sure they will get a fix sooner or later (probably later tho)

I'd say something more like next week. (after my finals yesss)

But hey let's not turn this thread into a release date speculation.

Backto the fairings, i don't think the aero changes in 1.0.3 will include proper ones. And then, it's unity5, so not there either... but i'm sure they will get a fix sooner or later (probably later tho)

yes,yes fair enough. Im just curious to see what changes if any have been made to the fairings.

Because priorities?

I'll just leave a this quote from the maker of the stock clamshell fairings mod.

Out of curiosity, how difficult was it to make the fairings do this?
Not especially difficult. I'm surprised not to see it coming in 1.0.3 for sure.

I think it comes down to whether or not the confetti fairings need to be fixed. Imo... I saw one fairing sep that made me go "cool" out loud. I won't lie. That being said I'd still prefer clamshell.

So Squad essentially needs to implement a configurable option between the two. Which is much harder I'd imagine then just outright getting rid of the confetti in place of the new ones.

• 2 weeks later...
Preview of the new UI, together with target audience. I wouldn't hold my breath for more usability; be happy if it doesn't get completely lobotomized to uselesness to appease Sony.

Oh come now, they said in devnotes the process has been monotonous because they are doing stuff they have already done. the 1.1 UI should be visually identical(maybe with more features).

Plus I am looking forward to the PS4 version, I have loved all the PS4 games I have that integrate the trackpad on the controller, and KSP seems perfect for that.

Oh come now, they said in devnotes the process has been monotonous because they are doing stuff they have already done. the 1.1 UI should be visually identical(maybe with more features).

I hope it's not identical. There's definite improvements to be made. The changes they mentioned in the dev notes to the toolbar seem promising.

Edited by klgraham1013

I don't really think this will happen. If it does, it will be a long way off. The devs seem to still want to push new content rather than adding polish and refinements (aside from the aero and heat overhauls), and we know now there won't be any version between now and 1.1.

[Edit]

Guess I was wrong, lol!

Edited by GusTurbo

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.