Launcher stuck on "checking for updates"

Same, Launcher doesn't go past Checking for Updates and Patcher has the "Busy" topmost window stuck at 0% while there is the "Login" window in the background.

Issue persists after a DNS flush on Windows 7.

KSP 0.90 32bit.

DNS flush won't fix it, until your current DNS server updates their own cache, you can change to the Google IPv4 DNS though, it is working with the new site :)

My DNS servers are 8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8 (Google's) and the Launcher/Updater don't work (unless you meant using the Google DNS for accessing the website via browser).

For now don't use the launcher. Go to the KSP folder and run the KSP application

I always skip the Launcher.exe, and use the KSP.exe to start the game.

One way to "solve" the launcher problem when it is stuck in: "Checking for Updates" is to rename the "patcher.exe". WARNING, this will NOT update the 0.9 version to 1.0, for that you need to reinstall the game.

When I reinstalled the game i removed the launcher shortcut from the desctop and added a shortcut for the KSP.exe

I have expirienced similar isue with Launcher was being blocked by my Firewall.

So I'm guessing that network component that is used for transfering data from server doesn't have any time-out set or it is set to infinite time so it causes the launcher to wait indefinitely for the data to recieve. This could lead to launcher hanging up in case of any conection problems.

I'm still having the same problem even with the 1.0 launcher ;-; halp

Don't start the game through launcher then but by launching the KSP.exe file instead. This however means that you will have to make yourself a new shortcut to KSP.exe because default shortcut that has been created by installer points to Launcher.exe

• 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.