Parts not connecting (1.0.4)

Think this is a bug, but possibly I'm just not understanding how vehicle assembly works. Most parts will not connect to each other. Any kind of liquid fuel tank and engine won't connect to each other or to decouplers. Solid rockets seem fine for some reason. Doesn't seem to matter how close I get the green dots together.

I played this game at other stages of development and just came back to it, but never had this issue before.

Vehicle Assembly Building (for vertical rockets) or Spaceplane Hangar (for airplanes)?

You're trying to connect "bottom of fuel tank" to "top of engine" and not the other way around?

Holding Alt to force node attachment doesn't affect it?

I forgot about alt. Let me try that.

OK, it seems like I needed to rotate the tanks 180 degrees, then use alt to force the connection. Not sure why, don't think that used to be necessary.

Edited by Deaghaidh

OK, it seems like I needed to rotate the tanks 180 degrees, then use alt to force the connection. Not sure why, don't think that used to be necessary.
It shouldn't be. Either node on a fuel tank should work perfectly well when adding it to a rocket, and Alt-clicking a part into place is only necessary if KSP keeps trying to attach it via surface attachment instead of the nodes.

So I, for one, would like to see a screenshot of the rocket you're trying to build.

Having issue with the TR-18A Stack Decoupler. Not sure about the other stack Decouplers. It is connecting stuff to the piece that is below the decoupler and not the decoupler. You have to disconnect and reconnect the decoupler and it might work and connect to the decoupler. Very difficult at times to get it right.

System: 8.1 Windows 64, Steam, KSP Version 1.0.4.861, 1 Mod (The Asteroid Day Mod)

Just wanted to let you know this game is great. I love hearing my 11 year old talking about his rockets and enjoying something that is science related.

A few things are harder to connect.

An example of several is the large in-line battery which I have to place on the node and then gently pull it, as if pulling it back off the node, until it turns green and then it will attach. If I rotate the battery through 180 then it just clicks into place and other things fit to it without a problem.

Like I said, one of several.

Hi Deaghaidh, there is strict part node attachment rules now, though this can be disabled in the modkey+F12 debug options, but the nodes should all be the correct way round.

If this is occurring with stock parts then I suggest you re-install KSP, this should ensure all the Squad parts are up-to-date.

If you are using modded parts please check for updates as those parts may have the nodes the wrong way around.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.