War Thunder - Screenshots and Discussion thread!

Columbia

Max graphics with 4.0 coming soon. War thunder why you do this?!?!?

Such beauty

http://i.imgur.com/RVL9CvL.jpg

Dem graphics.. Is that an Fw 190?

Ummm help?

http://i.imgur.com/dGpWcke.png

- - - Updated - - -

Happened to me in my peashooter. Half the left wing gone, still attacking ground forces :-)

Oh noes!

- - - Updated - - -

HAHA!! It worked! War Thunder appears to be operational again!

I owe you one, Kinglet.

Wooo! :D

Dem graphics.. Is that an Fw 190?

Oh noes!

- - - Updated - - -

Wooo! :D

Yup it is a Fw 190. Love my boom and zoom the only thing I do hate is when other wanna-be fw 190 wants to head fight me... gets annoying because Im like do your mission and I'll do mine you stinking low tier noob.

I'm partial towards tanks myself, mostly because bombers feel a bit too weak to me. Also losing all of my re-spawns to a single bullet each from an unseen aircraft nomatter if I'm at 4000m or 40m does get old.

Edited by Dodgey

I'm partial towards tanks myself, mostly because bombers feel a bit too weak to me. Also losing all of my re-spawns to a single bullet each from an unseen aircraft nomatter if I'm at 4000m or 40m does get old.

I feel you.. it's as if enemies have a sort of alarm that detects bombers in their area and scrambles all around.. Come on guys, I'm just a Wellington or PBY, not the Enola Gay!

Two things: one I managed to service 2 enemy planes tunnel visioning on me by pulling up slowing them down, allowing my teammates to kill them but suffer critical dmg from the spam of noobs with 50 cals. LOOK AT THAT WING DAMAGE

LEoRxM9.jpg

Around 5 - 10 minutes later I was still flying but something odd occurred (2) my wings were still damaged however they no longer had those snobby holes from 50 cals. Lucky me finished the match with 5 kills and 5 assists in the same broken up plane!

h1vcamq.jpg

I started through the Germany tech tree the other day, and I just unlocked the second He-112, the one with the giant cannon o' death in the nose. Holy crap, I feel like I'm God or something passing judgement on all the little puny baby planes with their little baby guns! It only takes like one or two hits from my cannon and they melt away!! Adrenaline highs all around!!! Woooo!!!

But then I get shot down by a puny plane. No more soul reaping... ;.;

Can someone who's familiar with German planes give me some advice? I'm wondering whether or not I should go down the Bf-109 line or Fw-190 line first. Heck, I could even go down the bombers, but I would like to do more fighter time. What are the pros and cons of each line? Are the German bombers even worth getting? I've heard scores of bad things about the He-111, both in War Thunder and in real life.

Can someone who's familiar with German planes give me some advice? I'm wondering whether or not I should go down the Bf-109 line or Fw-190 line first. Heck, I could even go down the bombers, but I would like to do more fighter time. What are the pros and cons of each line? Are the German bombers even worth getting? I've heard scores of bad things about the He-111, both in War Thunder and in real life.

Go with the BF-109 first. The early FWs are probably more OP with their many cannons, but they are also at a higher battle rating than the BF-109s. If you were to get the FW-190 before you have the BF 109 F1, you wouldn't have any planes to support it well in your lineup. And I'd still say to get the 109 F4s first.

Essentially, you'll get some lower rank aircraft if you go down the BF-109 line before you go down the FW-190 line, so you can more gradually improve your lineup rather than suddenly accelerating ahead with one high battle-rated aircraft and a bunch of aircraft with lower battle ratings. Only get the FW-190 when you have planes of a battle rating .3 lower than it.

Edited by Noname117

Go with the BF-109 first. The early FWs are probably more OP with their many cannons, but they are also at a higher battle rating than the BF-109s. If you were to get the FW-190 before you have the BF 109 F1, you wouldn't have any planes to support it well in your lineup. And I'd still say to get the 109 F4s first.

Essentially, you'll get some lower rank aircraft if you go down the BF-109 line before you go down the FW-190 line, so you can more gradually improve your lineup rather than suddenly accelerating ahead with one high battle-rated aircraft and a bunch of aircraft with lower battle ratings. Only get the FW-190 when you have planes of a battle rating .3 lower than it.

What about the Bf-110? I know in real life it was a notorious piece of junk when deployed as a daytime fighter, but worked pretty well as a night fighter. Is it any good in War Thunder?

What about the Bf-110? I know in real life it was a notorious piece of junk when deployed as a daytime fighter, but worked pretty well as a night fighter. Is it any good in War Thunder?

The BF-110 is excellent in War Thunder, simply because it has good armament for its battle rating and is quite a fun plane to fly. Id say to go for it once you have either the He-112 A-0 or the M.C.202. I do recommend the M.C.202 quite a lot.

Don't go for the FW-190 until you have other craft you can use at that BR. If possible skip over the Bf-109 B instead start off with the E much better in all regards. However even before you reach that point the HE-112 is pretty good.

shot2015.09.0922.04.3nus3j.jpg

Edited by gag09

Uh... What is the button for taking screenshots in War Thunder? I made a pretty cool attack on a bomber today that I would have liked to show here, but I couldn't figure out how to take a screenshot.

I think Steam sets it to F5, but that didn't work, and neither did F1, which I know is the button used by KSP.

It's Print Screen, you can find it in the WT Directory :)

Ok, thanks.

I've researched the He-112, but couldn't purchase it because I haven't researched the Do-17 yet. I guess once I get that, I'll go for the Bf-110, then the Ju-87 if I can't get the Bf-109 yet:

Ok, thanks.

I've researched the He-112, but couldn't purchase it because I haven't researched the Do-17 yet. I guess once I get that, I'll go for the Bf-110, then the Ju-87 if I can't get the Bf-109 yet:

I'm researching the B-25, then I plan to go to another fighter before getting to the B-17E.

Although people tell me that the B-17 is horrible..

I'm researching the B-25, then I plan to go to another fighter before getting to the B-17E.

Although people tell me that the B-17 is horrible..

B-25 isn't too bad, it's got lots of guns on it, including some pretty useless front mounted guns. I guess it was intended to use them for attacking enemy ground vehicles, but since the B-25 is a medium bomber, you won't have much luck flying around that low. Whenever I flew it, I didn't do very well, but that's just because I cannot War Thunder worth a damn.

B-25 isn't too bad, it's got lots of guns on it, including some pretty useless front mounted guns. I guess it was intended to use them for attacking enemy ground vehicles, but since the B-25 is a medium bomber, you won't have much luck flying around that low. Whenever I flew it, I didn't do very well, but that's just because I cannot War Thunder worth a damn.

Ah, thanks for the advice.

Just a little more RP till I get there..

Ah, thanks for the advice.

Just a little more RP till I get there..

No problem, if you want a light bomber that can also make strafing runs on enemy ground units, the A-20 is probably your best bet. The Havoc can fly around as if it were a fighter, has lots o' guns in its nose, as well as two rear gunners. It's bomb load is pretty good too, and if you research the modifications, you can equip it with rockets.

Of course, if you're going for the first B-25, you probably know all this stuff already.

Does anyone know if it is possible for Germany and Japan to be in a match together with Realistic difficulty? I got my friend into War Thunder and he got sold on the Japanese planes, but I play with German planes. We don't really want to switch nations and research until we have equal planes, but my friend prefers Realistic over Arcade.

I think that it is possible to do a RB squad with a friend as long as the countries are on the same side (Allies/Axis). I don't know if this si right though, as it has been a very long while since I played WT Aircraft and a few days since playing at all, and that was a CB.

6hdwMTk.jpg

Oh yeesss.... It has come...

ofMAIAz.jpg

I'm slowly getting the German aircraft, I expect to be able to get the Bf-109B tomorrow. After that, Ju-87 probably, or maybe Ju-88. Right now, the He-111 is a pretty good bomber, I don't see much need to upgrade to the Ju-88.

I guess I'm going to bypass the Italian aircraft entirely, since it looks like I won't need them to get the Fw-190.

Edited by pTrevTrevs
typos, much typos

http://i.imgur.com/6hdwMTk.jpg

Oh yeesss.... It has come...

http://i.imgur.com/ofMAIAz.jpg

I'm slowly getting the German aircraft, I expect to be able to get the Bf-109B tomorrow. After that, Ju-87 probably, or maybe Ju-88. Right now, the He-111 is a pretty good bomber, I don't see much need to upgrade to the Ju-88.

I guess I'm going to bypass the Italian aircraft entirely, since it looks like I won't need them to get the Fw-190.

I'd still recommend going for the M.C. 202. It is quite a good low tier German aircraft, and will probably be very useful if we (as a squadron) decide to do tier 1 squadron battles.

Essentially, research the C.R. 42, and then the M.C. 200, and then get the 202. Though the early 109s might still be more worth it, I would still caution against rushing the FW 109 and instead try to get your lower tiers fully fleshed out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.