Frida Space

1 hour ago, Hcube said:

... I don't understand how your answer relates with my post. (I'm aware that the earth rotates faster at the equator but that has not much to do with the time of the livestream in a different timezone, does it?) :)

Btw : actually, Kourou isn't a french "territory" but is rather a proper whole region of France 

Looks like the window wasn't changed, i'll miss the live :(

When you said France it sounded to me like you were talking about mainland European France rather than French Guiana, which I'm used to being called as "French Guiana", rather than just "France" even although it is part of France, Just like when you mention America you're typically talking about Mainland America rather than say, Hawaii, Oops. :blush:

And I knew (Or at least was pretty sure) French Guiana is a full part of France, When I said territory I was just saying it was a part of France, not necessarily saying it was a proper Province or Territory or Colony or anything.

Edited by DolphinDude3

6 hours ago, DolphinDude3 said:

When you said France it sounded to me like you were talking about mainland European France rather than French Guiana, which I'm used to being called as "French Guiana", rather than just "France" even although it is part of France, Just like when you mention America you're typically talking about Mainland America rather than say, Hawaii, Oops. :blush:

And I knew (Or at least was pretty sure) French Guiana is a full part of France, When I said territory I was just saying it was a part of France, not necessarily saying it was a proper Province or Territory or Colony or anything.

it's related to colonialism 300 or so year ago ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Guiana#History
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overseas_department

Just woke up almost in time thks Frida for sharing the infos. Live here:
http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Space_Science/Watch_LISA_Pathfinder_launch_and_media_briefing

Spoiler

coffee-logo.jpg

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

first burn very smooth too ; ) (followed the launch stream to the end then switched to the science stream audio , ) )

Current protocol "limitation"/main difficulties:

ygRh2oU.jpg

-> relative displacement 50 picometer
+ Measurment at low frequencies
+ Being assured the two cube are truly in free fall

(next mission (around 2040 or so ?)  might involve 3 cubes separated by 5 million kilometer each !!!! wow xDr if not multi crossed telemetry with totally crazy scaled inter distance dunno what this will be, impressive, remind me when i was learning GPS system and the fourth measurement dimension required to get accurate 3d data, "time", "optics" (...) are such annoyings thing in thoose case / kind of experience )

EDIT: replay available (same address)

It's interesting // the last launch vid you shared Frida , i mean the 3d video presentation of the launch, it's kinda like the kerbal  gameplay launch view from outside rotating camera  around our rocket during launch ( , ) ); also is it me or the launch profile is inclined a lot soon ? (high delta-v speed early on & "body lift catching" related ?)

http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Space_Science/Watch_LISA_Pathfinder_launch_and_media_briefing

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

LISA Pathfinder has left the Earth and is now cruising towards L1.

The sixth and last apogee-rasing manoeuvre (ARM6) took place as planned on Saturday, 12 December, at 06:18 CET | 05:18 UTC.

The burn showed an under performance of the planned change in speed by less than 1%, well within expectations. Still, a follow-on burn slot had to be planned for the following day (Sunday) to give an additional push of 7 m/second.

This burn, too, was analysed and was found to have delivered a slight over performance of about 1-2% – and so there will be a further small transfer correction manoeuvre in approximately one week.

The cruise towards L1 will last approximately six weeks.

Edited by Frida Space

BTW the probe is still in earths Gravitational influence, if not L1 would not exist,  its just on an escape trajectory, when it gets to L1 the primary graviational will be the sun via a combiation of direct inteactions and indirect interactions, but it will still be heavily influenced by earths gravitational feild, which slows down its orbit around the sun by a few percent. 

12 hours ago, Frida Space said:

The burn showed an under performance of the planned change in speed by less than 1%, well within expectations. Still, a follow-on burn slot had to be planned for the following day (Sunday) to give an additional push of 7 m/second.

This burn, too, was analysed and was found to have delivered a slight over performance of about 1-2% – and so there will be a further small transfer correction manoeuvre in approximately one week.

A little bit confused here, are you talking about the same burn? Or the burn that was analysed to be over performing is the follow-on burn.

2 hours ago, RainDreamer said:

A little bit confused here, are you talking about the same burn? Or the burn that was analysed to be over performing is the follow-on burn.

The first burn under performed, whilst the second burn (programmed to compensate the under performance of the first burn) over performed, so a third burn will be required. Sorry for the confusion, hope it's clearer now. :)

Edited by Frida Space

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.