"Man and the Moon" Dec. 28, 1955

Motokid600

Disney played a part in the success of our space program.

After watching Bob Fitch's 1966 episode another video auto-played after it and I ended up really enjoying it.

I thought it was going to be just Whernher going on for a half hour, but it actually turned into a corny bit that... actually wasn't too corny. I found myself laughing at how much more realistic it is then most of what we see here today despite the visuals. Which for the Moons surface actually really surprised me. They were ahead of their time, but in 1955... we didn't have a clue, lol. What learned in the next decade alone is another reason why I found this so interesting. Enough to feel as if I should share it.

So Walt Disney played a part in the success of our space program. That would explain why it was done so well for the time. There was only six channels or so on television back then and Disney had one of them for his cartoons. So if your watching TV back in 1955 chances are your watching this.

Edited by Motokid600

The one thing that really popped out was that the repair craft would've returned covered in acid after fixing the leak poisoning the crew.

Yea the science and physics were sound. And I'm sure if we humans enjoyed space flight as much as our sports this could've been done in some way shape or form.

I was actually, no joke, totally caught by surprise when the host introduced Wernher von Braun instead of Werhner von Kerman...

It was a cool video though, the real props are so much more fun to watch than CGI.

Edited by cubinator

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.