The UKSA Chronicles

Thalamask

The UKSA Chronicles

As a result of game-crippling bugs (including one that completely stops the game from loading), I've given up on my 1.0.5 career save. I hadn't gotten very far in any case, so it's no great loss. I've decided to restart my career in 1.1.2 and hope for some better luck there! I've gotten a whole new crop of mods, so I think it'll be a grand old time, and I hope that you enjoy reading about it here.

Mod List

Chatterer, Crowd Sourced Science, Distant Object Enhancement, DMagic Orbital Science, Docking Port Alignment Indicator, Final Frontier, Fuel Wings, Haystack Continued, HyperEdit (for testing only, I promise!), Impact, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Kerbal Attachment System, Kerbal Construction Time, Kerbal Engineer Redux, Kerbal Inventory System, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, Kerbal Planetary Base Systems, Kerbal Space Program Renaissance Compilation, Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics, Mechjeb, Planetshine, Procedural Fairings, RCS Build Aid, RemoteTech, SCANsat, Ship Manifest, Simple Construction, Smoke Screen, Stage Recovery, Stock Bug Fixes (New!), Surface Experiment Pack, Take Command, Texture Replacer, Trajectories, USI's Exploration Pack, USI's Life Support, USI's MKS/OKS, Universal Storage.

Wish me luck, everybody!

Episode List

Episode 1 - A New Home

Episode 2 - Testing, testing...

Episode 3 - Tribulations

Episode 4 - Munar Flyby

Episode 5 - Space Rescue

Episode 6 - Satellites

Episode 7 - Satellite Network!

Episode 8 - More Kerbals!

Episode 9 - Munar Orbit

Episode 10 - Mun Landing!

Episode 11 - To Minmus!

Episode 12 - A Big Bang on Mun!

Edited by Thalamask

Episode 1 - A New Home

Here we are in our new home, a brand spanking new space centre. Not much to look at, but you wait and see - we're going to do great things! In this episode, we've got 4 missions for you, ranging from a simple test "launch", to the first rocket to reach space. Join our "hero", Tedgas Kerman in the United Kerbdom Space Agency's first tentative steps towards the stars.

Edited by Thalamask

• 4 months later...

Episode 3 - Tribulations

This'll be a reasonably long episode. With five missions and several upgrades, quite a lot has happened. We did some science, ran quite a few part tests and took on our first tourist contract. We also upgraded several buildings and researched a number of new parts. Unfortunately, we also lost several kerbals - one to an engineering oversight, and three to unexplained atmospheric phenomena. I hope you enjoy the episode.

Episode 4 - Munar Flyby

Another reasonably long episode this time. We do some more science, take on some tourists and cap everything off with our first Munar flyby. Along the way, we upgrade some more buildings and research some new technologies. Have fun!

Edited by Thalamask

Episode 5 - Space Rescue

In this episode we conduct a short parts test, do some more space tourism and embark on the rescue of a stranded kerbonaut, requiring the most complex flight planning UKSA has undertaken to date!

Edited by Thalamask

Episode 6 - Satellites

In this episode we upgrade a building, rescue a stranded Kerbal, fail and the succeed at a space tourism Munar flyby, and launch our first communications satellite into orbit.

Episode 7 - Satellite Network!

A short, but busy episode. Nothing new, unfortunately, so I've kept the screenies to a minimum. We've got three tourist trips, we complete out network of comsats in Kerbin orbit, deploy a satellite to relay to Mun, and rescue a stranded Kerbal.

Edited by Thalamask

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 8 - More Kerbals

In this episode, we rescue more Kerbals than you can shake a stick at. Between the four rescue missions, we also launched a new communication satellite, performed some space tourism, upgraded a number of buildings and performed some new research. We also had two failures... a satellite launch failed to make it off the pad, and our first attempt at a Munar orbit was aborted while still in Kerbin orbit. Enjoy!

Episode 9 - Munar Orbit

In this busy episode, we launch several of satellites and make a start on our Munar relay network. We also unlock some science, rescue four Kerbals and make our first orbit around Mun.

Episode 10 - Mun Landing!

In this episode, we perform a system test on the Runway, rescue a lost Kerbal, upgrade three facilities, and just casually land on Mun! We also complete the Mun Relay Network and perform an unsuccessful science contract on Mun.

[edit] Oooo! Hundredth post. Nice! [/edit]

Edited by Thalamask

Episode 11 - To Minmus!

In this, somewhat shorter, episode, we discover a bunch of science, rescue a lost Kerbal, launch two satellites into Kerbin orbit, send an impactor to Mun and send our first probe to Minmus.

Episode 12 - A Big Bang on Mun!

Another short-ish episode sees the start of our Scansat mapping project for Mun, a couple of science unlocks and two rescued Kerbals along with the start of our Minmus communications network and the final completion of our Munar seismic experiment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.