KSP account password recovery not working

Planetfall

Hi, I am trying to install KSP onto my new laptop, but i forgot the password to my account. ;.;:blush: I did the Forgot Password button, and got an email from the site (the KSP store) this is what it said,

You have requested a password reminder for your KSP Account.

For security reasons, you must reset your password before being able to set a new one. By clicking the link below, your password will be reset and a temporary one will be sent to you by e-mail. You can then use it to login to your KSP Account and change your password in the Profile settings.

To reset your password, click on the link below:
(there was a link here which directed me back to the store's password word recovery page but there's no  password!) I removed the link because it has my email address 

If you didn't request a password reminder, please disregard this message.

Happy Launchings!
Kerbal Space Program.

i waited a day for another email, and redid the process three times but never found a temporary password.

So my question is is the password recovery system broken or am i (and my computer scientist dad)just missing something?

Edited by Planetfall

It looks like you've tried in the past to reset your password. Here's a few things I can think of.

Look through your emails and see if there is an old one about passwords from KSP.

Make sure you're looking in the right inbox (that's happened to me before ;) )

Also, what exactly happens after you click the link? That bits unclear at this stage. :)

Hope that helps.

YargJay9991

Edited by YargJay9991

21 minutes ago, Mods_o_joy said:

Did it maybe get Grouped with another Older email about your password?(Gmail)

Hmmm... that's a good point because my new laptop doesn't have any of my old emails on it! though why would it get grouped together?

9 hours ago, YargJay9991 said:

It looks like you've tried in the past to reset your password. Here's a few things I can think of.

Look through your emails and see if there is an old one about passwords from KSP.

Make sure you're looking in the right inbox (that's happened to me before ;) )

Also, what exactly happens after you click the link? That bits unclear at this stage. :)

Hope that helps.

YargJay9991

I did reset my password awile ago!

the link sends me to the password recovery page. It says a temporary password has been sent to your ksp account email address. log into your KSP account and change it in the profile settings

and that's why i asked here 'cause I can't find the password.

Thanks so much the both of you! :)

i'll see if I can find my older emails though it's so it's so ironic, i just deleted a lot of semi-old emails. if the original emails were deleted and i tried again do you think it would send it to a more resent one?

Edited by Planetfall

10 hours ago, Mods_o_joy said:

EDIT: Forget what was here

If you use Gmail(Or almost any modern email provider)group's emails with the same Subject

Errr... what? I use grandecom.net does that mean the password isn't in an old email?

Sorry if I'm being dumb, I'm just so confused right now. :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.