Blue Origin Thread (merged)

Aethon

No, this was actually made official a few days ago. Friday was the first available backup opportunity, but SpaceX decided not to take it. They chose Saturday instead.

ooooh okay, I didn't really follow the news much after the scrubbed launch on tuesday. That's the second time I get all excited for nothing dammit :P Hope all goes to plan tomorrow. At least it's at a reasonable time for us in Europe, usually US-based stuff happens at silly o'clock in the morning for us :P

ooooh okay, I didn't really follow the news much after the scrubbed launch on tuesday. That's the second time I get all excited for nothing dammit :P Hope all goes to plan tomorrow. At least it's at a reasonable time for us in Europe, usually US-based stuff happens at silly o'clock in the morning for us :P

Rocket launches have very little regard for the day/night cycle of puny humans. If the orbital mechanics work out to a 3AM launch then the mission controllers will have to suck it up. Nobody is going to design a rocket with 1km/s extra dV just so they can launch at a convenient time :P

Rocket launches have very little regard for the day/night cycle of puny humans. If the orbital mechanics work out to a 3AM launch then the mission controllers will have to suck it up. Nobody is going to design a rocket with 1km/s extra dV just so they can launch at a convenient time :P

hehe, yeah I know, I'm just happy that we're getting lucky this time :)

I will have to wake up in the middle of the night to watch this... but I'm going to watch it!

Luckily, I live in Western australia, so all these early-AM launches, like the Orion launch not long ago, happen at around 6pm-8pm, perfect after work viewing, with a beer and some popcorn.

I heared it too!!! the jingle when you get into space, omg I love SpaceX xDDDDD

I was like "Did I accidentally launch into orbit?" as I had KSP minimized in the background. That was an awesome little easter egg. Thank you SpaceX!

How long after launch is the first stage supposed to land?

Couple of minutes at most, the stage will basically be in freefall for most of the flight.

90% good conditions:)

Awesome! :D

Just hope they don't have to scrub at last minutes, I've sacrificed my night's sleep for this slice of rocketry history. :cool: