its all venku122's fault.. (insane rocket design worth seeing)

so venku122 failed at making a rocket and thus i was forced to fix his mistakes.. (ok yes the titles a joke but funny none the less :D) but i figured this was worth sharing since its such an insane design.. props to venku122 for coming up with the design.. it was fun as heck to try and recreate and actually get it to work.. oh btw this is the absolute widest craft you can build.. 1 inch further to the right and the engines hit the tower.. one inch further to the left and one of the engine clusters fall off the pad..

so heres the original design he came up with that fails spectacularly..

wuei2.jpg

and heres the the same design i came up with that launches and then for some reason it partially breaks BUT continues flying on until i forced it to break apart into a million pieces as you will see with the last couple pictures.

28cxW.png

so notice how much i beefed up the lateral couplers to stiffen them up so there was little to no flex compared to venku's design.

heres the beast flying..

OU0xw.jpg

Notice something wrong with this picture below compared to the one above it?

4H0cU.png

and yes it flew like that the entire time without any issues.. it broke on one of the center couplers under the capsule, but the couplers were linked so that any one coupler could fail and it would continue flying. it would require multiple couplers to fail to destroy the ship.

and thus i forced it to do that and here are the results after reaching just shy of 100000km and 45km/s.

fZSRr.png

RLBxT.png

hx1pU.png

all the white specs are pieces of the ship floating off into space.. last image doesn't show it as well but in game it looked like a crap ton of stars.

That wasn't my final design that failed. This was

BY5oI.jpg

Despite all the struts ONE SINGLE POINT OF FAILURE ruined the ship. As soon as the launchpad was loaded the top tricoupler's left attachment point broke basically leaving me with half a ship. And we all know how well that goes

dua0h.jpg

So you might be wondering, how did sirmonkey go that far with only a micro fuel tank attached to each engine? Well here's the original ship which all the above designs are just exponential expansions of. It has an e-1000 providing thrust, a micro fuel tank providing the starting fuel supply and FOUR fuel collectors which have the odd quality of giving the e-1000 UNLIMITED FUEL. This design got me to 330 KM/S!!!!

AwSaL.jpg

This is the beginning of my downward fall. As you can see four of the limitless fuel engine plates worked great. How about TWELVE!!! And thats where I failed and sirmonkey stole my glory

Cheaty engines. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

thanks for thread crapping awesome job.. go thread crap in your own thread stay the hell out of mine.. there is absolutely no reason for it. if you want to play the boring stock parts all day long be my guest but some of us got bored with it a long time ago.. this game is built and designed around modding and modded parts. if you don't like it then go play a different game or make your own.

Frankly, I agree with Ranzear:

At -least- mention that you are using highly modified thrusters,

because otherwise you are not setting a reachable standard.

The reason I am dismissive of this creation is because it is

not anything like actual space rockets in that it's fuel canisters

would long exhausted from that many engines.

The fact that you have a limitless supply of fuel with the fuel collectors -and- a far higher trust engine, means you could reach any speed and any distance.

It's well known that the e-xxxx line of engines was modified to provide unrealistic thrust, most of the other added mod parts are more in moderation.

Frankly, I agree with Ranzear:

At -least- mention that you are using highly modified thrusters,

because otherwise you are not setting a reachable standard.

The reason I am dismissive of this creation is because it is

not anything like actual space rockets in that it's fuel canisters

would long exhausted from that many engines.

The fact that you have a limitless supply of fuel with the fuel collectors -and- a far higher trust engine, means you could reach any speed and any distance.

It's well known that the e-xxxx line of engines was modified to provide unrealistic thrust, most of the other added mod parts are more in moderation.

the whole thing is unrealistic, what does it matter what parts it was using? even if it was using realistic parts the dang thing shouldn't fly. it was a joke from the start of it, none of us expected it to work in the first place. all we did was find a loop hole in one of the mods (5x1 coupler + 4 fuel collecting engines + e-1000/800/600/500 or neccelles engine = unlimited fuel) so we went wild with it and thats what we came up with, lol. i specifically kept that information out of my post so that people wouldn't try to copy it.