What are some good semi-realistic scifi films/movies?

5 hours ago, Veeltch said:

Yep. The film was pretty bad.

And what the heck, guys? How is Interstellar not good? I rewatched it recently and read about that poem by Dylan Thomas and the film made way more sense after doing so. 

All I'll say about interstellar is that the last 45 minutes felt like it took 3 hours on it's own, and was boring and for me, stupid.

7 hours ago, Veeltch said:

And what the heck, guys? How is Interstellar not good? I rewatched it recently and read about that poem by Dylan Thomas and the film made way more sense after doing so. 

Whenever it begun to be up to something, screenplay turned it into silliness. Like, different time flows, that is enough food for thought for entire movie - all we got here is stupid action sequence. OK, next try: planet with habitable biosphere under frozen skies? Wow, that COULD be something "never seen before" for sure. Nah, mad scientist and stupid action again. I can go on. Sad thing is there was actually materiel for several good films inside, but it all turns background to people about to be killed, preferably by other people. Even communication-through-time had to be backed by properly violent brother, just to fill adrenaline quota.

In the end, I'd also wholeheartedly recommend the Moon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.