Steam x64 Launcher

Hello,

Just wanted to point out, that since version 1.1.2 the Steam launcher automatically launches KSP in x32, by default, instead of x64 like in version 1.1.1.

If one would want to launch in x64 (most of us do), you would have to go to the Steam Library, right click on the game and click on "Launch KSP (64-bit)".

I would like an option to choose which one it should launch by default, or go back to launchit it in x64 by default. Or some suggestion as to how to configure the launcher with the "Set launch options" so that the game starts in x64 when clicking on the shortcut.

nFMgwud.png

Use "set launch options" and type "%command%_64" in the options box.

(This works for the Linux version, which strangely doesn't even have the 64-bit right-click option even though the 64-bit program is installed and works fine.  But I'd expect it should work on other platforms too.)

Or in Windows go to your Kerbal Space Program directory (using file manager) right click on KSP_x64 and choose create shortcut then drag the created shortcut to your desktop.  No need to use the steam launcher.

On 03.06.2016 at 5:38 PM, kBob said:

Or in Windows go to your Kerbal Space Program directory (using file manager) right click on KSP_x64 and choose create shortcut then drag the created shortcut to your desktop.  No need to use the steam launcher.

I want the Steam launcher for statistics, streaming and to be able to post screenshots easier. Not using Steam is not an option.

Edited by Sheppard

3 hours ago, Sheppard said:

Not using Steam is not an option.

Well it is an option, just one you decline. :wink:

Posting screenshots, I've found many of my Steam screenshots posted to the forum go 'out of date' from time to time. I assume this is down to Steam migrating their storage or something. Imgur is much better, as a rule.

As for statistics, well... really?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.