Screenshots Re-Imagined [GROUP THINGY NOW]

HazelPine

Id like to toss my hat into the ring on this :) I am sorry for the wavy lines of this. The original screen shot was lost by forgetfulness when I was trying to fix the crashing issue KSP was having between 1.1.0 and 1.1.2 and I lost about 400 screen shots. Thankfully I had this one on my phone <which is why the odd lines, and the red squiggle near the nose. Silly iphones camera CCD was hit by a green visible beam laser and well, the CCD got damaged lol>. If you need a more clear image I can try to redo the mission this was and get a cleaner shot if needed. No rush :)

7wwTaOJ.jpg

Edited by AlamoVampire

@Kerbiter, I think I can do that for you! Just to be clear, you want the SpaceY logo where it is or to do something else with it?

@AlamoVampire, you know you play too much KSP when your phone is getting zapped by laser... or so the saying goes. Definitely consider it wished because you are going into the waiting list! The picture makes it look like live footage from some kind of mission control screen, which gives it a nice feeling. I imagine you don't want the lines though, so I'll just sidestep it. Do you want the kerbal on the nose to stay there?

Also, both of you: any special details you'd like?

I'll get started on @BananaIsAFruit's drawing now. :wink:

Kerbin has always looked nicer from afar..

@DolphinDude3, it's finished! Hope you like it! I had no idea what the RCS tank was, so I guesstimated more or less where it looked like it was, hope I got it close enough!

Here it is:

RdOcJOd.png

The classic PM with backup download is on its way! :)

Tomorrow, I'll start another one!

(By the way, would you guys be interested in maybe me making a time-lapse style video of one of these drawings being made? If you guys and gals want I could try one for whatever drawing I get to on the weekend.)

Edited by Pine

@Pine Now that you mention it, the "live footage" feel sounds cool, so ya I think for effect some lines may help hehe. As far as Jeb on the nose, he should stay on the nose as I think is very Jeb to bug Bob from the nose :) As to special details maybe have Bob be faintly visible? But for can you make the EVA suit orange since that is Jeb on the nose :D 

Edited by AlamoVampire

Definitely! I think I have an idea of how to make Bob be somewhat visible while still showing that he's behind a space-rated window, maybe a translucent layer or something would work. About the live footage effects, I have no idea how it'll end up like, so I will probably make two versions, one with and one without, just to see which one you prefer! 

I should sleep now, gotta leave at 10 tomorrow and it's 3 am. Gotta love the kerbal community and their creativity, right? Binge watching ksp vids does not bode too well for me at night... :P

6 hours ago, Pine said:

Kerbin has always looked nicer from afar..

@DolphinDude3, it's finished! Hope you like it! I had no idea what the RCS tank was, so I guesstimated more or less where it looked like it was, hope I got it close enough!

Here it is:

RdOcJOd.png

The classic PM with backup download is on its way! :)

Tomorrow, I'll start another one!

(By the way, would you guys be interested in maybe me making a time-lapse style video of one of these drawings being made? If you guys and gals want I could try one for whatever drawing I get to on the weekend.)

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks! And don't worry, you got the KIAA flag exactly where I wanted it to be. :) 

(Although there is a slight problem, on the main page you listed it as "DolphinDude3's KIAA craft orbiting the Mun" the screenshot was actually taken on a Munar escape trajectory while returning to Kerbin, but it's not that big of an issue. :))

I intend to attempt to land an open-box bed medium-sized truck https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dump_truck (a more semi-truck-alike one, not a heavy construction dump truck one) on Vall or Tylo just to take a Jool-Laythe-Vall-and-Tylo-are-visible screenshot to be re-imagined with this art style, with the truck driving in the distance (a nice picture I have of said truck driving in the distance just on Kerbin cannot be enough...).

Edited by LaytheDragon

@LaytheDragon, I'd love to draw it for you if you make it! Seems like an interesting proposition!

@sharpspoonful, that's a cool pic! As soon as I can I'll do it for you!

@[ Jeremy ], thanks for the praise! That ship looks awesome, and is a thing I'll do for you!

You all, any details you want?

Also, I am tight on time these days, so that's why it's taking so long to finish drawings. I'm almost done with @BananaIsAFruit's drawing, though!

Yay 100 Rep!

Edited by Pine

On 6/22/2016 at 7:49 PM, Pine said:

@Pine, thank you for the compliment. Check out Pak's Shuttle Lifting Body (aka, Cormorant) mod for stock-a-like Shuttle and Buran orbiter parts.

Edit: and yes, I'd love to see a time lapse. That would be cool.

Edited by sharpspoonful

On 6/27/2016 at 0:56 AM, LaytheDragon said:

I intend to attempt to land an open-box bed medium-sized truck https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dump_truck (a more semi-truck-alike one, not a heavy construction dump truck one) on Vall or Tylo just to take a Jool-Laythe-Vall-and-Tylo-are-visible screenshot to be re-imagined with this art style, with the truck driving in the distance (a nice picture I have of said truck driving in the distance just on Kerbin cannot be enough...).

Just in case you're wondering, here are some screenshots of said truck (including one of two good ones I have of it driving in the distance). I have gotten it to orbit, and soon enough, I will have a to-be-re-imagined-by-Pine-the-Great screenshot from driving on the surface of Tylo.

Spoiler

bze7LeC.png

rLLsRzN.pngnAJB8iT.png

9 minutes ago, LaytheDragon said:

I will have a to-be-re-imagined-by-Pine-the-Great screenshot from driving on the surface of Tylo.

:D

That truck is way bigger than I thought! It's impressive you got it to space to begin with, I usually never do something like that these days.

Looking forward to seeing it on Tylo, of all places!

-Pine The Great

I'm sorry I haven't been as fast these couple last days everyone, but RL has been demanding more than normal from me. Nonetheless, I finished @BananaIsAFruit's drawing! It's a replica (I think) of a Falcon 9 launching!

Here it is!

zIi3G2p.png

I sent a link for a backup download in case you need it!

Ah now this is truly superb, and a big part of why the KSP community is so incredible to be a part of.  there's amazing amounts of creativity on this forum and this is a super example thereof!

I'm at work at the moment so I can't access my screenshots, but I'd really love to hold a spot until I get home - I have a few that would be very worthy indeed for this kind of attention.

*takes ticket and humbly requests @Pine to join the queue before the line grows round the corner and down the street.  Can post in about 3-4 hours with my image(s) for you to pick from if that's ok? :)

SM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.