The Life of Jeb- A game of Kerbal Kommander

RocketSquid

For those of you who want to know, I'm taking a break from my other mission report, For Science! to play Kerbal Kommander. See below for info.

Let's begin!

Chapter 1:

In which I acquire a ship, a crew, and a future

The station official sat behind a small, stuffy desk. His glasses were dusty, and I was having a hard time keeping myself from reaching up and rubbing the dust off.

"Well, Mr. Kerman, everything seems to be in order. Just take this card down to the shipyards and they'll give you whatever ship you want,"

"WHATEVER I WANT!!!!!!????"

"As long as it isn't more than 40,000 √, yes."

"WOO HOO!!!"

I was finally doing it. I was finally going to get a ship, and possibly a crew if I had anything left over. I was moving on up... er, radial out. I swaggered confidently out of the room, only to find myself walking in the other side five minutes later when I completed the loop.

"Um, which way to the dock? I've looked all throughout this ring."

He pointed to the ladder.

"Ah."

After reaching the shipyard, I talked to the lead engineer, someone by the name of Bill.

"Hi, I just got my license, and I'm looking to buy a ship. It needs a crew capacity of at least two, a nuclear engine, and enough fuel to get to Minmus, or at least to Mun."

"Well, we can get you a nice, new ship within about a week. What's your budget?"

"40,000 √ "

"That's tight, but we can make it. It'll be 39,640 √ if you want RCS."

"Ouch! I won't be able to hire a crew after buying that!"

"Well, just between you and me, I can probably get you one for a bit less if you want to buy used. We have a nuclear skiff coming in to be decommissioned. It was barely used due to the lack of solar panels, but I can rig up that nuclear engine to produce power. All in all, it'll cost about 10,000 √ less than if you bought new."

"Sounds good. How long until she can be mine?"

"I'd say about twenty minutes."

"That means you can either modify a nuclear engine in a couple minutes or..."

It was at that point that I realized just how close the ship was.

SFRxcSY.png

ywHDPf5.png

"Aaand it's docked. Congratulations on your new ship, Mr. Kerman."

91CXyOf.png

"Please, call me Jeb. And have you noticed the panel missing from your station?"

"What!?"

7Xdhcwe.png

"Yeah, must've been a meteor earlier."

"There goes my afternoon... After I modify your engine of course."

While he worked on my ship, I went to go hire an engineer of my own. I searched and searched, and I only found one kerbal who I could afford to pay. Her name was Gitine, a fresh-from-kollege engineer seeking employment or paid internship. I'm not entirely sure which.

74sNb3F.png?3

By that point, Bill had finished with my engine and I was ready to take my ship out for a run. I decided I should fill the tanks. Unfortunately, the station's hose was tied in a very large knot. We elected to play kards until they managed to get that fixed.

Stay tuned!

Yeah, I think the huge mass of the station screen might attract Krakens. Also, after chapter 1 I modified the save a bit, I can now access the astronaut complex, though only really for some behind the scenes stuff. For example, I am now working to change the critical lack of ground bases, starting with my new base, Muna Akademy. It has a UKS Akademy, meaning that Gitine can level up a bit, and some OSE workshop parts so Jeb can add some parts he forgot (Specifically cargo capacity).

8 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

Yeah, I think the huge mass of the station screen might attract Krakens. Also, after chapter 1 I modified the save a bit, I can now access the astronaut complex, though only really for some behind the scenes stuff. For example, I am now working to change the critical lack of ground bases, starting with my new base, Muna Akademy. It has a UKS Akademy, meaning that Gitine can level up a bit, and some OSE workshop parts so Jeb can add some parts he forgot (Specifically cargo capacity).

I think problem are also from the fact that screen were in cargo bay, it seems quite buggy...

5 hours ago, gagarinekerman said:

I think problem are also from the fact that screen were in cargo bay, it seems quite buggy...

That was just from perspective, the screen is actually right by one of the rings and has since drifted off into the abyss.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.