Anyone else having problems with the "The View From Up Here"-Trophy/Achievement?

Hey Kerbonauts!

I'm currently aiming for Platinum (all Achievements) on Playstation 4, I'm nearly done but everytime I try the "The View From Up Here" Trophy it doesn't unlock, like all other planets and moons it requires you to flyby Kerbin, but I tried following things to unlock it, none of them worked so far:

• Enter flyby trajectory returning from a mission from another planet
  • Enter and leave flyby trajectory
  • leave craft and flyby Kerbin with Jebediah
  • Dock/Undock in Kerbol Orbit to create a new craft and flyby Kerbin

So my guess is, that it's bugged. I doubt it requires me to run in Science or Career mode since all the other flyby trophies unlocked in sandbox and according to the trophy list on PSN it's the only trophy with platinum left on 0.0% unlocked, still I've hope that someone solved the riddle or someone can clear me/us up if it's actually bugged or what we are exactly supposed to do to unlock it.

Side note to (bugged) trophies: the landing at the KSC trophy unlocks if you land on Mun.

I hope this is the right subforum,

greetings

I believe I've already seen that issue here in the forums.

To get the best chances to see this bug fixed, you'll have to fill in a bug report at the Squad Bugtracker describing the issue. Reporting bugs on the forums is useful for people to see it and discuss them, but as the console versions are very new and no one (talking about the community, not the devs) really knows how to fix their bugs, submitting an official report on the bugtracker is the best thing to do.

27 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

I believe I've already seen that issue here in the forums.

To get the best chances to see this bug fixed, you'll have to fill in a bug report at the Squad Bugtracker describing the issue. Reporting bugs on the forums is useful for people to see it and discuss them, but as the console versions are very new and no one (talking about the community, not the devs) really knows how to fix their bugs, submitting an official report on the bugtracker is the best thing to do.

Thanks for the answer, I'll do that right away but I hoped to find someone who might've found a way to unlock it since the KSC Landing Trophy unlocked with a totally different action either.

3 hours ago, Slimulis said:

What did the landing trophy unlock for if you dont mind me asking?

i got mine while i was science hoping on the moon, so it was a random crater.   i see from the OP im not the only one to have got it some weird way.

@OP   yup i tried messing round with it, like coming from another planet to fly by and go back, but it didnt work lol  ive got a moho landing to finish flying, and taking a rover ive already built to the moon left.   they are aware of it,  its on the bug tracker lol although it gets much less priority over things like corrupting saves lol

• 1 year later...

I also dont have this trophy. But I have a idea! Most PS4 issues can be fixed by saving the game and restarting it. So my Idea (have not tryed yet) land on another planet or another planet's moon. Then wile landed save the game restart it. Then take of from that planet or moon and try the fly by. I hope it works. I havnt tryed this yet because I still have other trophies im going for. Good luck hope it works!

It's worth noting here that a completely new version of the game is being released on consoles on January 16th, and the trophy bug being discussed in this thread will (presumably) not apply to this new version. However, my understanding is that the old version of the game will remain available for those who already own it, so you can still go after those old trophies if you want to. :)

On 7/17/2016 at 8:12 AM, Harold_Fi said:

Hey Kerbonauts!

I'm currently aiming for Platinum (all Achievements) on Playstation 4, I'm nearly done but everytime I try the "The View From Up Here" Trophy it doesn't unlock, like all other planets and moons it requires you to flyby Kerbin, but I tried following things to unlock it, none of them worked so far:

• Enter flyby trajectory returning from a mission from another planet
  • Enter and leave flyby trajectory
  • leave craft and flyby Kerbin with Jebediah
  • Dock/Undock in Kerbol Orbit to create a new craft and flyby Kerbin

So my guess is, that it's bugged. I doubt it requires me to run in Science or Career mode since all the other flyby trophies unlocked in sandbox and according to the trophy list on PSN it's the only trophy with platinum left on 0.0% unlocked, still I've hope that someone solved the riddle or someone can clear me/us up if it's actually bugged or what we are exactly supposed to do to unlock it.

Side note to (bugged) trophies: the landing at the KSC trophy unlocks if you land on Mun.

I hope this is the right subforum,

greetings

Me too. It's a bug. it has been fixed in the new version

On 8.1.2018 at 8:31 PM, DunaManiac said:

Me too. It's a bug. it has been fixed in the new version

Wouldn't really consider having a new set of trophies in a completely new version of the game a "fix" but I'm still somehow quite excited to see what they came up with, do all the trophies and test my skill on KSP Stock again :)

1 hour ago, Harold_Fi said:

Wouldn't really consider having a new set of trophies in a completely new version of the game a "fix" but I'm still somehow quite excited to see what they came up with, do all the trophies and test my skill on KSP Stock again :)

Considering how much in the game was broken, the new version is a big fix. ( barring everything works in it:wink:)

10 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

Considering how much in the game was broken, the new version is a big fix. ( barring everything works in it:wink:)

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to playing it finally without having to start over again once in a while :D

+ seems like the trophies didn't change, hopefully all of them work properly this time :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.