13 members have voted

1. 1. What should I build next?

• Lockheed U-2
    • Lockheed Martin F-117 Nighthawk
    • General Dynamics F-111 Aardvark
    • McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle

Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit

lfrWYfP.png

B-2 and XB-70 in formation !!not a good size comparison!!

hCM0ujV.png

B-2 Overview

History and stuff

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_B-2_Spirit

There is so much to know about the B-2 to understand it so I'm just giving a link for those who want to know more (also give way more space for images)

Download Link

https://kerbalx.com/Mordecai_Ender/Northrop-B-2-Spirit

Edited by Mordecai_Ender
Link in french :P

Looks cool! But the engines are nonsense here, the B-2 does NOT use 2 ramjets, it uses 4 high-bypass turbofans (wheesley engine is the closest to the real one). It would loose all its infrared stealth if it had so big exhaust like yours. Ofc my little replica also creates exhaust, but merely the stock smoke which exists on all engines, no big exhaust plume like you have. The real one is also much bigger, but no worry here, mine is also much smaller than the real one and uses 2 engines instead of 4 cuz 4 would be overkill :) 

BTW your Xb-70 is really, really small!

And BTW why give french wikipedia link lol?

Edited by TheDestroyer111

sorry for the french wikipedia i'm not english so wikipedia automaticly set the page in french

My XB-70 (as i said under the picture you should read it) is not the same altitude so the size are not comparable the Cockpit of the XB-70 have been scaled to twice the normal size :P

i was not trying to make the exact same thing i had some trouble with wheesley engines and i can't bypass the exhaust

Edited by Mordecai_Ender

17 hours ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

it uses 4 high-bypass turbofan

Actually as a son of the F110, the F118 can be simplified as a half-blooded without reheat and got a pretty low BP ratio for a turbofan, around 0.80-0.81, even less than the JT8D and even the old JT3D.

Edited by XB-70A

7 hours ago, Mordecai_Ender said:

sorry for the french wikipedia i'm not english so wikipedia automaticly set the page in french

My XB-70 (as i said under the picture you should read it) is not the same altitude so the size are not comparable the Cockpit of the XB-70 have been scaled to twice the normal size :P

i was not trying to make the exact same thing i had some trouble with wheesley engines and i can't bypass the exhaust

Oh yea tweakscale I'm not a big fan of it so I didn't notice.

What do you mean by "Can't bypass exhaust"? Do you mea that the exhaust gets blocked by the wings? Did you try using Panther engines?

35 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

Actually as a son of the F110, the F118 can be simplified as a half-blooded without reheat and got a pretty low BP ratio for a turbofan, around 0.80-0.81, even less than the JT8D and even the old JT3D.

Oh yea maybe, but it's not a ramjet either. IMHO, the F118 is much closer to a turbofan than to a ramjet :wink: 

46 minutes ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

What do you mean by "Can't bypass exhaust"? Do you mea that the exhaust gets blocked by the wings? Did you try using Panther engines?

He probably wrote that there is no way to get a stock and dry Whiplash as the reheat is engaged even at 10%. The Panther should be the best answer.

49 minutes ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

Oh yea maybe, but it's not a ramjet either. IMHO, the F118 is much closer to a turbofan than to a ramjet :wink: 

You haven't make a mistake, it's a turbofan, simply with a low BR, as the F110 was conceived like every turbofan witch has to operate in the supersonic domain. Interestly enough there is some exception in military turbofans, like the GE F101 which got an even better BR the JT3D/TF33 as the Bone has to operate between high subsonic and low supersonic.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.