Co-113A Mothership

Co-113A Mothership

Download: http://bit.ly/2a6glB9

It has been a while but after nearly a year long break I've finally got round to designing a new multipurpose mothership. I was surprised at how quickly this one came together; though it only took a few hours to build and test the Co-113 worked perfectly from the get go.

Nn6a93S.png

dV (m/s) Payload (Tons)
4552 0
4000 11
3000 41
2000 100
1000 263

The Co-113 is designed as a single stage mothership capable of performing a multitude of missions to any planet in the system with the right attachments, its 6 LV-N engines giving it a long range while still packing a good TWR so you don't have to worry about sitting around for those long burns. Stock it packs over 4.5km/s of dV which is more than enough for most of the closer planets in the system. Compared to many previous ships it has a low part count too, at 250 exactly so it should perform acceptably on even lower end PCs.

AsEtjoU.png

In addition to its usual tricks, the Co-113 is my first ship to integrate a small resource converter for longer trips. A dropship on one of the hard points to gather ore allows you to fly pretty much forever as long as you can bring back a decent amount. For more heavy duty mining larger tanks and a full size converter can always be attached for refuelling those orbital depots.

dVK4hcQ.png

If you're patient enough to attach ion engines and their fuel, the Co-113 can support trips as far out as Eeloo or Moho, carrying a lander and extra habitation to make the journey more comfy. In this configuration the tanks contain over 14k m/s of dV in exchange for a rather painful TWR of 0.04.

BUsbaww.png

And of course if you really fancy you can take the Co-113 back to its roots and arm it with weapons and fighters! Four SRB rockets are effective vs capital ships while smaller I beam rockets deal with the fighters and unarmoured craft.

Edited by Frozen_Heart

3 minutes ago, Frozen_Heart said:

Hmm that's odd. Working for me even when not logged in to dropbox. What happens when you click it?

Takes me into Dropbox, and then after seemingly trying to open a Dropbox folder/page called "Dropbox/KSP", it has an error message pop up saying " The folder ‘/KSP’ doesn’t exist. ", redirecting me to my homepage in Dropbox (when I'm logged in). If I open the link in a browser session where I'm not logged into Dropbox, it instead gives me an impassable prompt to login.

It actually is a bit strange for Dropbox to act up, since I've been hosting my releases of craft from it and had no issues AFAIK.

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.