Recently I have been playing Kerbal Space Program and I was surprised by the random placement of asteroids. This annoyed me slightly as I liked to think of the ksp solar system being like ours. If a large concentration of asteroids were between Duna and Jool it could make navigating space craft to Jool more interesting. Also you could have asteroids of different sizes so you could catch small ones in cargo bays.

4 hours ago, Rath said:

It wouldn't make navigating more interesting.  Star wars is not an accurate depiction of a asteroid belt.

The ones you see are NKO's because you can detect them.

I wasn't thinking of star wars, I was thinking of the Galileo space craft flying by Eros

Don't asteroids spawn in the vicinity of Dres too? I thought that was still a thing. You might need to do something (like encounter Dres in a ship) to prime it, though. Or maybe we need to wait for the Asteroid Day mod to update with it's MOAR ASTEROIDS code. (The official mod, by the way)

Edited by pincushionman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.