Linux -- Saved Game Vanished

I recently started playing KSP after a break and the new patch. When I loaded the game, it stopped running, froze, and when I attempted to re-load the game I found that my save files had gone missing from the menu. After manually locating them and suspecting corruption, I made a new save game. The new save game -- default -- did not appear on the menu. In effect I cannot save any game. Weirdly, when I tried to save a new default game I was given an overwrite warning.

I do not appear to have an output log.

I am currently running Ubuntu.

Hi @red_philosophy, are you using an Intel or AMD graphics card with open source drivers?  Many fonts will not show due to a Unity bug, but if you start KSP from the command line with this:

./KSP.x86 -force-glcore

It'll detect the right version of OpenGL and the saves should be visible.

If this works for you consider making a shell script (an executable text file) to start KSP this way for you, like this:

#! /bin/sh
cd "~/path/to/Kerbal Space Program/"
./KSP.x86 -force-glcore

Save it and make it executable in the Properties for the file, and it will start KSP when you double click it.

AMD graphics? You can try adding -force-gfx-direct as well, that can help with some AMD cards.

If you could post your Player.log to dropbox for me that would be great, it's in /home/username/.confog/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/

Okay try two things please.

First, move all the save folders except training and scenarios to another folder outside of KSP, you may want to try loading them in future but for now they need to be removed.

Two, move the settings.cfg to the same place, that way KSP can make a new settings.cfg with the default res of 1280x720 windowed mode.

KSP should start in a window with no funny business, if not use both the command line arguments mentioned before, and check that new saves will show correctly.

On 02/09/2016 at 7:59 PM, red_philosophy said:

The new saves seem to show correctly, but when I move the old saves back in they do not -- in addition to the new saves.

That means one or more of the old saves is broken, try one at a time to find which one is not working.

Most likely the save is missing the persistent.sfs or it is corrupted, you can replace it with the last file from the backups folder in the save folder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.