Updated Boiloff Mitigation Mod for RSS/RO/RP-0

MaxL_1023

Hello,

Are there any (or any planned) 1.13/1.2 compatible mods which allow boiloff of cryogenic fuels to be mitigated using parts? Something like what Nertea has for Cryogenic tanks, but aimed at Realfuels. Hydrolox engines (from RL-10s to NTRs) are available and almost required for a reasonable crewed mission to anywhere beyond the moon - hauling 100 tons of life support supplies for a Mars mission with <340 ISP engines (think orbit injection, maneuvering and return stages) is painful. 

I would much prefer to stick on some solar panels, batteries or RTGs and be able to keep my tanks from boiling off. Maybe make the energy cost proportional to the heat flux entering the tank (so solar irradiation based on surface area, etc).

I think there was a heat pumps mod in the olden days which did this, but I could not find one designed for a recent version of KSP. 

Thanks,

Max

Edited by MaxL_1023

On September 13, 2016 at 8:44 AM, Jovus said:

There's Heat Pumps, by @Starwaster, which has been doing this for a while now.

Be aware that it doesn't work if you warp above 100x with the vessel in focus.

(Sadly this is a bit of a deal-breaker for me, but if he ever figures out how to remove that limitation, I'll be on this mod faster than stink on rice.)

I didn't realize rice stank. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.