Retexturing help

i'm noob but a way to do it is:

-convert the texture from .dds to .png or somethink like this, flip them verticaly, save it as new

-open the part model with this new texture in blender with :

-change whatever you want in the texture

-flip it vertically and save it as .dds

-link the part to your new texture with a module manager config file

Edited by Skalou

If you want to completely re-texture a part entirely from scratch I would not bother with the current texture(s). What you should do is import the model(s) you want to re-texture into Blender, split the scene and set the viewport to "UV/Image Editor", click on the part, go into "Edit Mode" and press "A" to highlight the mesh. This will show you the UV-map (texture map/coordinates) of that specific part. Now all you need to do is export the UV-map (click UVs and Export UV Layout), drag and drop it into Photoshop/GIMP and create a new texture which will fit perfectly to that model.

I've done it here with the stock Jumbo-64 fuel tank as an example:

Q9lYuaL.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 22.10.2016 at 8:56 AM, liquidhype said:

If you want to completely re-texture a part entirely from scratch I would not bother with the current texture(s). What you should do is import the model(s) you want to re-texture into Blender, split the scene and set the viewport to "UV/Image Editor", click on the part, go into "Edit Mode" and press "A" to highlight the mesh. This will show you the UV-map (texture map/coordinates) of that specific part. Now all you need to do is export the UV-map (click UVs and Export UV Layout), drag and drop it into Photoshop/GIMP and create a new texture which will fit perfectly to that model.

I've done it here with the stock Jumbo-64 fuel tank as an example:

Q9lYuaL.png

btw. i see your Real-Rocket page  its awesome, you have designed great rocket models !

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.