New vessel for contract isn't a new vessel any more after crash and reload.

Ok so I built a rocket to service a handful of missions at once. Mission Itinerary included dropping a scanning sat around the Mun and then sling shoting from there out to Minimus to place the final piece out in orbit for some contracts. This all went smoothly and after dropping off the satellite in orbit of the mun, the remaining piece happily left mun orbit and barely made contact with Minimus. All the criteria was met bar the actual orbits so I set about circularizing for the final adjustments and then it crashed. Which is fine that happens sometimes but after reloading the game the vessel no longer counted as a "new vessel", which has kinda screwed me a little as the rocket cost most of my budget and the Mun mission was not actually a contract but a personal objective. Am I missing something or is this how new vessels are determined? Between loads seems a bit not very smart way to do it so I doubt it but I don't understand how this vessel which was launched after the contract was taken doesn't count even though it did before the crash.

I would say the problem here is your game crashed which meant that the contract parameter status was not saved into your save file.
The best way to recover from this now would be to complete all the other contract parameters and then go into the debug menu and complete the contract manually (not really cheating).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.