What if ... Vulkan support?

That would be nice. So would fermi support for vulkan. >< Us people with slightly smaller computers could use it alot! It would be cool if vulkan eventually allowed cross use of CPU and GPU to utilize the full system. Let alone mutli GPU use or something nice. I'm not sure how much it should make possible though. It would be cool if one day mutli computer processing was made a reality also.

With how popular hand held devices became i don't know how being able to wirelessly or directly they didn't jump straight on co-processing so you could use computers in your home to aid in game playing or multiplayer games. Hand hend stuff would have been a thousand times more popular if they could work with you home computers. It's not like Mainframes or other similar systems and the coding for it aren't ancient or anything. All of the first computers were programmed like this if I"m not mistaken. They should really get back to sound programming and let people utilize everything they have.

If those things were common already they could have made KSP playable on PC and handheld and cross proccessed over Main home computers with multiplayer by now potentially. The coding for lag would have been dealt with already en mass I'd imagine. So much for forthought. I guess 70 years wasn't enough for greed and home pc development.

Edited by Arugela

The most one can hope for is forcing Vulkan like we can DX11 and OpenGL, but the main incentive for doing those is memory reduction (no longer necessary for most systems with x64 executable) rather than taking advantage of any particular functionality, and it generally comes with glitches (mostly benign graphical ones, but potentially anything up to save corruption). However as I recall people have reported noticeable performance increases, so you never know; whether it's worth doing depends on how your system reacts.

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.