If you could meet any five people, who would you meet?

Ultimate Steve

11 minutes ago, razark said:

Why not?  Simply naming him is not a political act; it doesn't show support or opposition for him.  You've already identified him, so there's no anonymity.  It's not like people don't know who he is.

I have to agree... and personally, I think it would be an honor to meet any president, current or former, whether I agreed with that persons political view or not. Or for that matter, meeting most any world leader. Like someone or not, you really have to respect the office if nothing else.

Edited by Just Jim

3 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

:P

I do not think it is funny at all that some people constantly assume the rest of the world lives next door. These are international forums of a Mexico based company. Be considerate and include everyone.

2 minutes ago, Camacha said:

I do not think it is funny at all that some people constantly assume the rest of the world lives next door.

Nor do I. I do, however, enjoy pointing out others' (and my own) failings in reading comprehension in a passive-aggressive way.

1 minute ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Nor do I. I do, however, enjoy pointing out others' (and my own) failings in reading comprehension in a passive-aggressive way.

No enjoyment for you in this case, then, unless you also enjoy your own failures. As any observant reader would have noted, the post you responded to was never intended to find out the specific president. It was fully intended to highlight the annoying tendency of some to assume the whole world lives in the same country and has the same frame of reference.

14 hours ago, razark said:

Why not?  Simply naming him is not a political act; it doesn't show support or opposition for him.  You've already identified him, so there's no anonymity.  It's not like people don't know who he is.

"Donald J. Trump."

If this simple string of letters is offensive or forbidden to someone simply for being what it is, then that person needs to get on with their life and stop pretending that words have some sort of magical powers.

I would name names but just apparently doing that just leads up to the moderators getting mad and editing everyone's posts or closing the thread just for a name.

Edited by The Raging Sandwich

- A colleague of Homo erectus, ~250.000 ago in western Europe. See if we can talk. I'm sure we can

- A Neandertal shaman ~125.000 ago, talk about spirits and the land. Sure i can learn something.

- A hunter in the cold steppe ~25.000 ago ("The Golden Age"), have a steak together. I bring the French fries.

These surely are peaceful and reasonable. If they have no time for me then maybe somebody from late mesolithic / early agriculture though i'd like to approach him/her slowly from afar ...

- Hanno the navigator, clear, talk about navigation, one of my favourite hobbies. Though my Latin is just Asterix (Comic) level ...

- Tomás de Torquemada. With a gun under the robe.

- i think i'm better of with one of the early agriculturalists.

Edited by Green Baron

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.