Save currupt data

Guest Anon

Hi I'm a huge fan of the game ....was really exited when it came out on ps4 played 30 dollars second day it was released ....and its broken after many days of playing it started to currupt eventually I gave up you cantbplay for any long period of time ...tbh I feel ripped off PlayStation wouldn't even give me a refund because I had to many hours on the game....but it took along time before it started to currupt ...a few months of solid playing ... My question is will it be fixed for ps4 and an idea of when roughly I'm extremely discouraged but still holding out ..... Love the game but 30 bucks is a lot of money for a game that is equivalent to a demo due to it resetting your saved files after some time. Much love and hope for the game just want some answers toe ease my mind nobody's said anything 

58 minutes ago, Guest Anon said:

My question is will it be fixed for ps4 and an idea of when roughly I'm extremely discouraged but still holding out .....

You and everyone else that bought this disaster of a console port.
Feel free to express you anger at this unacceptably buggy release, and ridiculous ~8 month (and counting) wait for a patch. Everyone else sure has.
Hopefully this will teach Squad why engaging a cheap and nasty porting house like Flying Tiger is a bad idea.
These guys are utterly hopeless, and even a cursory glance at their portfolio reveals as much. Clearly price was more important than quality.

Squad has since engaged a different outfit, hopefully one that actually has a clue. Patches sometime SoonTM.
Current discussion can be found here.

Edited by steve_v
spellz

I've only been able to play Kerbal Space Program in Sandbox mode. Career mode crashes and gives me a "corrupt file" or "corrupt data" and all saved play is lost. This typically happens after only 6 to 10 career contracts have been fulfilled. So I've gotten nowhere in that mode.

I've lost a couple different Sandbox files to this corrupted save data bug as well, but at least I can crash into the Mun occasionally. Having 3 or 4 different orbiters at once seems to crash the game in sandbox. That's a total wipe out of all game saves in all modes. If the vehicle I'm building has more then a dozen or so parts the game will freeze and I'm unable to save, so I've gotten into the habit of saving what I'm building after each part is placed, this is happening in career mode and sandbox mode... building anything is tedious.

The game controls on console are extremely twitchy and it's very tedious trying to build larger or more complex vehicles. I've set the sensitivity as low as it will go and I still have difficulty getting wings to mount level on space planes, or docking ports to line up along the centre line of rockets. Yes I've been toggling snapline on and off. The Procedural build tools like the rotate parts wheel is apparently useless in space plane mode, as any rotation to a part results in the part sticking out and barely being connecting to the craft. Again the overly sensitive controls don't help when trying to line things up. I haven't been able to use any of the other procedural tools yet, I can't figure out if I'm playing/building badly or the game is being twitchy.

PLEASE Give me a settings switch to turn off the motion capture movement of the controller, yeah you can turn it off in game by holding the stick in for a second, but opening any new windows or area turns it back on, a good portion of my crashes are because of the addition of this useless control interface.

I've been unable to rendezvous/dock because I cannot null out closing velocities because the controls are so ridiculously sensitive.

Is there going to be a patch for this game?

I'm almost afraid to ask if there are plans to release any of the game mods I see on you-tube.

Hi.

Console testing in particular was mentioned in this week's KSP Weekly. Blitworks themselves have handled the porting of a number of games, some of which are pretty high profile. I can't really say much more than that, but hopefully I can assure you that work still continues to make the best console port possible.

Guest Kerbal-Will
9 hours ago, GrouchyDevotee said:

I've only been able to play Kerbal Space Program in Sandbox mode. Career mode crashes and gives me a "corrupt file" or "corrupt data" and all saved play is lost. This typically happens after only 6 to 10 career contracts have been fulfilled. So I've gotten nowhere in that mode.

I've lost a couple different Sandbox files to this corrupted save data bug as well, but at least I can crash into the Mun occasionally. Having 3 or 4 different orbiters at once seems to crash the game in sandbox. That's a total wipe out of all game saves in all modes. If the vehicle I'm building has more then a dozen or so parts the game will freeze and I'm unable to save, so I've gotten into the habit of saving what I'm building after each part is placed, this is happening in career mode and sandbox mode... building anything is tedious.

The game controls on console are extremely twitchy and it's very tedious trying to build larger or more complex vehicles. I've set the sensitivity as low as it will go and I still have difficulty getting wings to mount level on space planes, or docking ports to line up along the centre line of rockets. Yes I've been toggling snapline on and off. The Procedural build tools like the rotate parts wheel is apparently useless in space plane mode, as any rotation to a part results in the part sticking out and barely being connecting to the craft. Again the overly sensitive controls don't help when trying to line things up. I haven't been able to use any of the other procedural tools yet, I can't figure out if I'm playing/building badly or the game is being twitchy.

PLEASE Give me a settings switch to turn off the motion capture movement of the controller, yeah you can turn it off in game by holding the stick in for a second, but opening any new windows or area turns it back on, a good portion of my crashes are because of the addition of this useless control interface.

I've been unable to rendezvous/dock because I cannot null out closing velocities because the controls are so ridiculously sensitive.

Is there going to be a patch for this game?

I'm almost afraid to ask if there are plans to release any of the game mods I see on you-tube.

There Is a setting In the main menu of the ps4 version to turn off motion sensor.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.