Visual Mods

EnderCrafter78

Can someone tell me what visual mods i should install for ksp. I installed scatterer, kerbal visual enchancement, distantobject an planet shine but i dont know what they exactly do (exept scatterer) and I want these cool and realistic looking planets.

It would be great if someone help me.

7 hours ago, EnderCrafter78 said:

Can someone tell me what visual mods i should install for ksp. I installed scatterer, kerbal visual enchancement, distantobject an planet shine but i dont know what they exactly do (exept scatterer) and I want these cool and realistic looking planets.

It would be great if someone help me.

SVE gives you planetary atmosphere (clouds, etc.) 

Distanant Object Enhancement lets you see things at a greater distance.  This includes craft on approach as well as seeing distant planets in the night sky.

Planetshine is an actual term. Basically on your craft you will see reflected sunlight based on the planet you are at.  So around Kerbin on the day side, you will see a blue glow on the side of the craft facing the planet.  Duna's will be red, Eve's will be purple, etc.

Some of the ones already mentioned:

Real Plume gives you realistic smoke and sound from rocket engines, especially SRB's.

Engine Lighting gives the engine plume a radiant light.

Texture replacer lets you replace the Skybox with something a little higher in fidelity. (You don't realize how awful the stock skybox is till you replace it, even if you just use another starscape nothing fancy)

Some more that haven't been mentioned:
CollisionFX adds sounds and sparks when scraping the ground, as well as dirt/dust and snow effects.

Reentry particle Effect adds better looking flames on reentry.

Cool Rockets gives the ice particulate that forms on the LOX tanks and falls off on launch.  It also adds the smoke (steam?) plumes while sitting on the launchpad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.