Producing science on a station lab

Hello All,

I took on a contact to put a station around the Mun, and on this station I needed a science lab.  Well, I accomplished the contract but I can't seem to produce any science on board.  I have 2 scientists, in the lab, research started, 13790 electric charge, and 4 of the giant retractable solar panels aboard so there is no problem with running out of charge.  However, nothing is happening.  Do I need to do something else special that I am not aware of?

3 hours ago, Ncog Nito said:

Hello All,

I took on a contact to put a station around the Mun, and on this station I needed a science lab.  Well, I accomplished the contract but I can't seem to produce any science on board.  I have 2 scientists, in the lab, research started, 13790 electric charge, and 4 of the giant retractable solar panels aboard so there is no problem with running out of charge.  However, nothing is happening.  Do I need to do something else special that I am not aware of?

Remember, you can process data from experiments it has not seen before.  For example, before boosting my minus lab from LKO, I had the scientists do a bunch of Eva reports over each biome.  It didn't matter I had long ago already collected these reports and transmitted them to KSC, they were new to this lab and so I had some data readily loaded before moving it.  Exploit all opportunities. :)

When you collect the experiment, when you review it there will be a chemistry beaker.  Click on it and the data will be placed in the lab.

37 minutes ago, Grounder said:

Remember, you can process data from experiments it has not seen before.  For example, before boosting my minus lab from LKO, I had the scientists do a bunch of Eva reports over each biome.  It didn't matter I had long ago already collected these reports and transmitted them to KSC, they were new to this lab and so I had some data readily loaded before moving it.  Exploit all opportunities. :)

When you collect the experiment, when you review it there will be a chemistry beaker.  Click on it and the data will be placed in the lab.

Thanks a lot @Grounder, that tid bit of info was awesome!  I wasn't able to exploit it as much as I would have liked since my station was already orbiting the Mun, but I did do all the EVA's I had already done around the Mun and loaded up the data.  It also gives me the opportunity to exploit it to it's full potential when I put one around Minmus, which I have a contract for.

47 minutes ago, Grounder said:

Another question pertaining to this topic.  Can I launch another ship, collect the data from around Kerbin, send it to my Mun station, and transfer the data to the science lab from the ship?

Yes. You cannot have duplicates on your ship, only one per biome but all experiments are stored in the capsule.  If you dock, your capsule becomes one with the station and just review them.  If not able to dock, have one of your scientists do an Eva to the capsule, right click on it and collect the experiments and return to the lab for review.  Enjoy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.