Guide to Craft Failures

Casualnaut

So I was looking a the gameplay questions section of the forum, and holy kraken there was a lot of "Whats wrong with my rocket? Why is my rocket wobbly?" So I decided to create a guide to correctly diagnosing your craft of fatal mistakes. I have created dummy rockets for all of the bullet-pointed solutions. I will continue to add on to this little guide.

SECTION 1 - "My craft wobbles..."

Have you done the following?:

• Enable SAS and RCS if available?
  • Reinforced any weak connections to your ship? (Clamp-O-Trons, decouplers)
  • Tried flying it at x1 time?
  • Lowered throttle?
  • Lowered gimbal?
  • Added symmetrical wings to your craft?

It is most common to have one of the following fix your mistake. (At least for me.) If your craft still wobbles, I suggest you contact technical support or another person.

SECTION 2 - "My craft tilts..."

Have you done the following?

• Added symmetrical wings to your craft?
  • Made sure your boosters were symmetrical? (3-way symmetry boosters are commonly known to slightly tilt on some occasions.)
  • Enabled SAS and RCS if available?
  • Lowered gimbal?
  • Made sure there are no objects that can cause drag on only 1 side. Example: A mystery goo container attached to the outside of a rocket.

It is most common to have one of the following fix your mistake. (At least for me.) If your craft still tilts, I suggest you contact technical support or another person.

•  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.