Space Race 3: Totally not a shameless rip-off: (3/4 Players):WE NEED DA PLAYAHS, MON!

dansmithers

Could I revise the design for a lower cost than redesigning from scratch (since all I'll really be doing is draining some fuel from the top half and adding a place for payloads to strap onto, and I wasn't aware of this at the time)?

If so, then

abgB2ao.png

Edited by Holo

If I were you, I'd wait until you had a payload to launch.

But how will I launch the payload without a rocket :)?

Also, how much would making a small satellite and revising the Korabl-Odin cost?

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 7000$.

How much of that is the satellite and how much is the Korabl-Odin revision? I've also made a payload table for different types of payload, I'll upload it here if you're interested.

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, they'll probably settle down once I get a feeling for the rules :D

Well, the sat will be a minimum of 5000$ and revising the Odin would be 2000$.

EDIT: Researching new parts requires you to roll a total of 100 points of research, usually taking two turns.

2EDITS: Derp, satellite would be 1-2000$ for a basic orbiter.

Edited by dansmithers

Working on my turn submission now, watch this post.

Research

The lab will begin work on researching a small orbital satellite called Sputnik (similar to the real life Sputnik, but with more scientific equipment to serve a functional purpose) -1000 руñ

Design

Due to an intern messing up and forgetting to add a fairing to the rocket, the Korabl-Odin must be redesigned. The intern has since been arrested by the KGB.

New design (by a much better intern):

9cuoyHf.png

-2000 руñ

Everything else

Nothing

That brings me down to 200 руñ, so I'm hoping I get some good funding next turn. Also, can you (for example) build a rocket then launch that same rocket in the same turn?

Edited by Holo

Turn 2: 1947-8

World News: An increase in solar activity causes some beautiful aurora to occur.

Country Relations:[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Germany[/TD]

[TD]Australia[/TD]

[TD]USSR[/TD]

[TD]Nobody(yet)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Germany[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Neutral[/TD]

[TD]Neutral[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Australia[/TD]

[TD]Neutral[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Neutral[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]USSR[/TD]

[TD]Neutral[/TD]

[TD]Neutral[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Nobody(yet)[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

SPACE Yearly Report:

Thanks to a misplaced decimal point on the budget report, SPACE gets an extra 100% of funding this year

Research: A small improvement is made to the small fuel tank, allowing it to hold 140 l of fuel per meter (-$1000)

Design: Nothing

Building: The labs are extended with an additional floor. A further improvement will cost $10000. (-$5000)

Current funding is at $11,000

VOWEL Yearly Report:

Research: Research on the new probe goes very slowly, barely any progress is made (-1000 руñ)

Design: The new Korabl-Odin design goes better, and reaches completion without any major hinderances. (-2000 руñ)

Building: Nothing

Current funding is at $1,200

GSP Yearly Report:

[NO ACTION FOUND]

Hope I haven't did anything horribly wrong as the temporary GM, so here you are.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.