How to do a clean install on steam?

Stealth2668

I was wondering how to do this since I want to get rid of any mods and start fresh without having to re-download the game. (I have a monthly limit) Also, where's the "how to" section? I also seem to be unable to find the development section with the dev blogs stickied in it. Did they do re-arranging?

thanks

Yeah.

The only way to do a "clean install" is to re-download stuff.

KSP isn't that big though, so I don't know if you have a very small limit or not, but it's no bigger than 1gig.

The only way I can think of doing what you want without re-downloading is to go through each folder, and delete each mod, save file, and ship you've created etc. Which may or not be a large project, depending on how much stuff you have going on :P

Once you've uninstalled the game, go to the Steam folder (mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common, on a non-64-bit system it'll just be Program Files), find the Kerbal Space Program folder and delete it. Be warned, this will delete all your settings and save files, but it will remove anything Steam doesn't.

Ya KSP is smaller than I thought. Guess I'll delete most folders then steam will re-download the ones it needs.

Edit: If I delete all the ship files in the VAB and SPH folders (have a bunch of custom crafts from mods) will it re-download the default ones?

Edited by Stealth2668

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.