Texel

[1.0] KerbPaint - Paint layering for parts (March 30th, 2016) Community Update

841 posts in this topic

Yes, just yes for paintable solar panels. U need another seal of approval

Downloading now! I have been waiting for this to come out for a while.

Question:

Perhaps I missed it, but is there a way to put the image you put for your flag on the sides of your rockets using this plugin?

Very nice. I'm clearly not the only one interested in some colorful parts or vehicles. Keep up the good work!

my first painted craft: 0ww94tI.jpg

I'll check out the custom masks, and see if I can make something good.

what is the mod with radar and vertical speed at the left of the screen?

that plane reminds me of Homeworld 1 for some reason...

Ninjad :D Just thought the same, very slick plugin

Nice work, ill be trying this out when a few more mods get support like Nova and B9. i agree with everyone this should be stock. they should make this work with custom flags so you can place them on your rockets aswell.

I downloaded this but it was so much fun I forgot to actually fly my vehicles. Well done! One feature I'd like is saving custom patterns to the selection box.

Quick question, is anybody else experiencing this? I have my rocket all painted up and ready to go but when I click launch it removes it all.

Sir you have done it! Looks like a awesome mod!

could someone please post a short vid to show how to use it properly? There are no docs on how to use it, and the messages in this thread arent helping any. Ive figgered out I have to press and hold the P key but when I select a color it doesnt copy over to the part. Its getting kinda frustrating.

Awesome mod : excellent idea and nice execution!

And I predict that the "Awesome pictures" thread is going to be MUCH more colorful now... XD

So, here is some "fuel" for you : first attempts at creating an airplane livery that more or less matches my avatar color scheme (first iteration is a fail, needs MOAR tweaking...)

In the hangar

X1DxK2n.jpg

On the runway

locfjZJ.jpg

Just one slight tiny little request : could it be possible to also have the choice to input the color with numerical values? (and maybe the ability to toggle the "inheritance" of a color set from its parent)

This mod is solid gold, thanks for all your work!

Edited by el_coyoto
making things clearer

Do you think you can make it work for structural panels. Would be nice to add paint to my Salvation Class Destroyer

5fEQEJE.png

I just tried your mod and its quite nice. Here is the my first attempt

These are Cherub Class Fighters of the 1st Fighter Squadron of Project Genesis.

Now if you can make it work structural panels that would be awesome

Another suggestion would be if you can make some way to let the user identify which part is being painted.

Edited by War Eagle 1

Is there a way to change the "P" key into another one? My KSP does not recognize my keyboard probably. It recognizes it with numbers instead of characters. Im on a mac. (Yes, i did try to change keyboard languages, it did not help.)

Is there a way to change the "P" key into another one? My KSP does not recognize my keyboard probably. It recognizes it with numbers instead of characters. Im on a mac. (Yes, i did try to change keyboard languages, it did not help.)

Idk why it's doing that to u

My Mac runs fine

Oh, that's impressive. Maybe it's possible to do that with the Astromaut-Suits of the Kerbals too?

It would great to have custom colored Kerbals in Space too :)

I'd love to have custom Kerbals too!

Currently I'm using this not only because colours make everything look better (if you're going to be the first to crash land on another planet one might as well do it in style), but also to differentiate between players' ships in my play-by-dropbox game.

That said: love the colours of my space-station.

wfgnEEK.png

Will you be adding more mod support? I HAVE to paint my kethane hopper with his, but it uses the B9 aerospace mod and, obviously, the kethane mod.

A few bugfixes, kethane and other mod support (suggest people make them themselves too, put them on the OP maybe?) and this mod is GOOD.

Oh, that's impressive. Maybe it's possible to do that with the Astromaut-Suits of the Kerbals too?

It would great to have custom colored Kerbals in Space too :)

Custom Kerbals