Tarnished SKINS(me first mod)

Caesar15

Which mod pack should I tarnish next?(permission will be asked)  

1,588 members have voted

1. 1. Which mod pack should I tarnish next?(permission will be asked)

• Removed, don't think I could do anything to persuade nova
    • C7 parts
    • sunday punch
    • Other, please state in commets
    • down under aerospace

This mod replaces all vannila parts with awesome tarnished Skins

PERMISSION IS BEING ASKED FOR C7 ABD DOWN UNDER AEROSPACE, please state in comments which mods you want to be tarnished next.

One day bob and jeb got together and decided to paint the parts, only they sucked, real bad

screenshot0kl.png

screenshot1fv.png

Download: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21140876/Tarnish+Skins.rar

feedback is welcome since this is my first mod

Simply extract the files to your parts folder

REALISTIC VERSION

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21141005/Realistic+Tarnish.rar

PICS;

screenshot0vl.png

screenshot1hb.png

screenshot2zk.png

screenshot3hz.png

screenshot4so.png

Too late, THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!(voted)

And you think you can just ignore my objections because there\'s three votes in the poll, one of which is almost certainly your own? I made the originals, I deserve a say in it.

And you think you can just ignore my objections because there\'s three votes in the poll, one of which is almost certainly your own? I made the originals, I deserve a say in it.

I voted for aerospace

Just stop it nova how would you like it if i went to your mod and called it imbalanced and crap

People already do, sometimes. I\'m sorry if I\'m being harsh, but it just doesn\'t seem like hardly any effort was put into these retextures...

People already do, sometimes. I\'m sorry if I\'m being harsh, but it just doesn\'t seem like hardly any effort was put into these retextures...

its really hard to tell ppls emotions over texts, sorry

This is my first mod though so...

This being your first mod, it...it\'s a mod alright. I like the concept, but it\'s pretty poorly executed. I\'d like it far more if you made it even, and make it look like it\'s actually tarnished.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apollo-NASA-Titanium-Helium-Fuel-Tank-13-/110795336278?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cbeaaa56#ht_1458wt_907

This being your first mod, it...it\'s a mod alright. I like the concept, but it\'s pretty poorly executed. I\'d like it far more if you made it even, and make it look like it\'s actually tarnished.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apollo-NASA-Titanium-Helium-Fuel-Tank-13-/110795336278?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cbeaaa56#ht_1458wt_907

Okay then

feedback is welcome since this is my first mod

Nice thinking on reskinning the stock parts. I\'d say that\'s a very good choice for a first mod.

I like the concept of making these things look tarnished/rusty/corroded, but I think these could use a little more attention to detail. Take a look at photos of various rusty old vehicles; see what kind of patterns the corrosion usually takes.

Thumbs down for plans to reskin other modded parts without getting permission from the original authors, though. It\'s considered very rude to alter somebody else\'s work. You should get explicit permission first.

Nice thinking on reskinning the stock parts. I\'d say that\'s a very good choice for a first mod.

I like the concept of making these things look tarnished/rusty/corroded, but I think these could use a little more attention to detail. Take a look at photos of various rusty old vehicles; see what kind of patterns the corrosion usually takes.

Thumbs down for plans to reskin other modded parts without getting permission from the original authors, though. It\'s considered very rude to alter somebody else\'s work. You should get explicit permission first.

Okay will be asking them

IF you are ever reskinning a mod, you always want to consult the ORIGINAL person who made them for PERMISSION to reskin it.

Just sayin.

This is a rule for life, not just modding; always ask if you can use something that is not yours and express for what purpose to the original author for whom it belongs to. They can either give you the OK, or decline. Such is life. But don\'t think everyone\'s hard addon works is up for grabs or threaten an artist by ignoring their declination. Thank you.

This is a rule for life, not just modding; always ask if you can use something that is not yours and express for what purpose to the original author for whom it belongs to. They can either give you the OK, or decline. Such is life. But don\'t think everyone\'s hard addon works is up for grabs or threaten an artist by ignoring their declination. Thank you.

I seriously cannot express how angry I am that he even considered doing such a thing... What are today\'s youth becoming.

(I\'m assuming he\'s a member of these so-called youth. If not, I fear for human civilization.)

I seriously cannot express how angry I am that he even considered doing such a thing... What are today\'s youth becoming.

(I\'m assuming he\'s a member of these so-called youth. If not, I fear for human civilization.)

We were all his age... once.

Honestly the texturing is terrible. Not trying to be offensive, just stating facts. Second, it is really dickish to just shittily retexture someone else\'s work without their permission.

People...read the 1st page on tw bottom I stated that I wouldn\'t mo anyone else\'s work without there perimission

I like it!

It gives the feel the parts have been reused to many times, when they were meant to be disposable :P

Did you download the normal or realistic version.

I am still in middle school lol

Anyway I removed those posts and I will not be tarnishing your parts, although I wanted to

Nova is just worried He might have to contend with another mod maker once Caesar learns how to use blender. :P

This is very good practice for re-skinning parts, but I\'m afraid I don\'t like the effect much. It doesn\'t look particularly tarnished, just messy. Might want to spend some time looking at how various metals look while tarnished and see if you can better re-create the effect.

As Nova and others have said. If anyone has made their own parts, you need permission before releasing modified textures for it. It\'s an artform, and you can\'t just go about changing other peoples art and releasing it as your own without permission.

Nova is just worried He might have to contend with another mod maker once Caesar learns how to use blender. :P

This is very good practice for re-skinning parts, but I\'m afraid I don\'t like the effect much. It doesn\'t look particularly tarnished, just messy. Might want to spend some time looking at how various metals look while tarnished and see if you can better re-create the effect.

As Nova and others have said. If anyone has made their own parts, you need permission before releasing modified textures for it. It\'s an artform, and you can\'t just go about changing other peoples art and releasing it as your own without permission.

Have you tried the realistic version?