Object No-clip: Is this a cfg assignment, or a mesh thing?

gabyalufix

So some objects don\'t clip with other physical objects in the ship editor. Examples are the big lab module in derp: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=2161.msg19904#msg19904

Also: most of the sattelites.

This means you can\'t attach stuff to the sides. Is there a reason for this? Can it be fixed without having to edit the mesh? Is there a cfg flag somewhere I can change so that I can stick struts and things on my satellites?

Config setting, via the attachRules parameter.

Example:

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 0,1,0,1,1

Its the 5th flag.

In this case, the part

does not stack on other parts,

does attach other surfaces,

does not allow stacking onto it,

does allow things to attach to its surface,

does allow the part to ignore collision when attaching.

ooooooooh. That is HANDY. Some of the modules are crazy-hard to place properly in certain situations because they keep trying to grab the sides of nearby modules, instead of going into their stacking port like they\'re supposed to.

Woo! Thanks!

Yeah, a planned feature coming soonish is 'vertical snap' which will make it easier for parts to attach to stack nodes.

But for now, unless it something that really needs to be both stackable or surface-attaching like fuel tanks, its better to only have one of stack or srfAttach enabled.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.