Somebody help me with this command pod mod thing of mine?

xzbobzx

So I made this command pod for ksp in blender, got it UV mapped, textured, and exported to dae.

Then I tried it in game.

It works, somewhat, the model is seen waaay above the attachment node, and I don\'t even know where the collision mesh is located.

Could somebody try and help me with it?

It\'s in the attachments with .blend file included.

Everything looks right, you just have the stack node set too far from the origin.

Especially since you have the origin right on the bottom surface of the meshes. That will cause you some other issues, because the origin is outside the collider (or right on the bottom surface) it will intersect the ground, and explode, meaning it won\'t be able to land.

So you might want to move the mesh of thepart and collider down (in edit mode) so the origin/pivot is slightly higher.

As it is now, you\'ll need to adjust the stack definition like so:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.1, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

and then increase the -0.1 until it lines up just right.

I never do get the node_collider right, you might want to check the .blend file.

And I\'ll see if I can fix the 0,0,0 thing.

[list type=decimal][li]Consider turning SHOW_CONSOLE_ON_ERROR = True in game\'s settings.cfg, it helps a lot ;). When I loaded your model it said \'Hull has more than 255 polygons\' and then discarded your too-complex node_collider. You need to simplify it a lot.[/li]

[li]Move both objects to -0.5m by Z to prevent a part from exploding.[/li]

[li]Measure node_collider\'s bottom point: press <N> to open Transform panel, go to Edit mode, switch coordinates view to Global (a button right under coordinates fields in Transform panel) and click a lowest vertex. Set node_stack_bottom to be a couple of centimeters below that point.[/li]

[li]Aw, note that as you have your model\'s scale equal to 1 (see Scene tab in Properties window) you have to set Scale=1 in your part.cfg.[/li]

After I did it the model worked just fined.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.