Post Your Cinematics Here! (Cinematic Enthusiasts)

Halban

The Cinematic Enthusiasts
(Home of all things Cinematic)

You can post your KSP short films, movies, cinematics, questions, advice, collaboration ideas and generally 'all things cinematic' here. Hope you find this useful! I'll get us started with one of my own cinematics.

This thread is devoted to sharing films, not just craft showcases or gameplay videos. So be imaginative!

Please don't hesitate to also create your own thread for your film, we want as many people as possible to see your work.

Edited by Halban

Here is a minute-long cinematic I created called Flight.

Almost 3 minutes cinematic, Its also my first cinematic from KSP and i planned to re do the same task in a cinematic But much better than before.

These are both really great cinematics! I quite enjoyed the 'Flight' film because of its very original idea, and the 'ANIMA-M' film, although somewhat generic, was quite well made compared to a lot of other moon landing cinematics; it also an extremely good first attempt. However, these could both do with a bit more quality control, especially the 'Flight' film. Although the idea is great and it was executed well: I feel as though you could've gone a bit further with making sure everything was up to scratch. Anyway, still both very awesome videos :)

Here is a cinematic I made using old footage from a gravity type video I was trying to make. After watching "someones" very helpful tutorials I try to make something of the cancelled project. This was my first time using Adobe after effects so be kind for my first cinematic :P

Here is a cinematic I made using old footage from a gravity type video I was trying to make. After watching "someones" very helpful tutorials I try to make something of the cancelled project. This was my first time using Adobe after effects so be kind for my first cinematic :P

http://youtu.be/q388yt71XU0

Really enjoyed watching this a second time :P

Are you using the same Video Copilot Aspect ratio change I hinted too in the video?

For greenscreening, just use a greenscreen as skybox, that's what I've used. Nice thread btw, will probably post again here soon :)

Thanks. I was actually thinking about using a completely green or black sky box but there's the issue of not facing the camera at the sun or, if you're orbiting a planet: then not at that either. I guess you could just film everything in an orbit around Kerbol that goes far behind Eeloo's.

Already made a thread with this video, but I thought I would post here too:

That's probably the best cinematic I've seen on this thread yet :D

The way you do effects and little cinematic assets is great! My favourite parts were probably the Kennedy speech,

Bill's flyby, the super trippy journey through intergalactic space and of course: the very last moments of the mars landing.

That's probably the best cinematic I've seen on this thread yet :D

The way you do effects and little cinematic assets is great! My favourite parts were probably the Kennedy speech,

Bill's flyby, the super trippy journey through intergalactic space and of course: the very last moments of the mars landing.

Thank you very much! :)

Flying a fighter.

Sailing a boat.

Erh, nice videos guys. TAL, great choice of music and the composition was great. Megalodon, nice crafts: especially the Brittanic Replica. But you've both made a little mistake. This thread is purely for cinematics, that means videos with filmic qualities, check out the beginning of the thread for examples. Not compilations or just plain craft showcases. Anyway, I guess we all make mistakes.

my most recent, really just a vid of the D-Class driving around.

Actually quite liked this Zekes, you made sure to get creative and do it in a cinematic way. The music you chose fit like a glove. And the ending was spectacular. The obvious things to improve if you plan on doing another are to use kerbcam, use more variation with different shots and think about pacing when you're editing. Other than that, great work! Unless you wanted to take it a step further and get in to the region of proper film-making with a great deal of pre and post production then you're pretty much good to make anything you wanted :)

You guys should check out the Multiple Solar Systems semi-cinematic I posted in the main thread. That mod will make for such awesome cinematics!

Great minds think a like :P

I've been planning to make a space opera style military movie in one of the new systems for some time. But I've kind've had some good ideas for how the same idea would fit on Laythe. I suppose I'll just have to decide when the time comes.

This is probably my most cinematic related video:

It doesn't have nearly as much battling as it does story-line....

Watched this a while ago and I enjoyed it. Pretty dramatic.

Anyway, finally here's my proper contribution to the thread...

EDIT: 100th post, yay!

Edited by HatBat