0.25 Discussion thread

EnderSpace

Oh yeah I checked planned features and look what I find ( http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Planned_features#Flight_Operations )

suit is coming in the next update science it's colored with blue

I dunno if you can bank on that, it's not an official list but a community maintained one. Cool if it happens, though, and would seem to be a relatively easy addition seeing as the model already exists.

I would make an educated guess that the admin building will have something to do with reputation in career mode.

Its my hunch that this building will be where we can exchange Science for more rep or funds.

I'm actually hopeful that the administrative building will have something to do with managing KSC itself, dealing with things like what buildings to construct, maintenance, perhaps even constructing new launch sites. Currency conversion will likely happen there and we might even have to deal with salaries and upkeep.

Of course, this is SQUAD, who have historically chosen the path of least resistance in favor of "accessibility" and "gameplay", so what will probably happen is the building will be used for exchanging currencies at the most.

Its my hunch that this building will be where we can exchange Science for more rep or funds.

I think the building will be for..

Admin of space center who you should discuss with him about your next mission and if he agree you can have free rocket

no funds :wink:

Honestly, I wish they spent less time on the cinematics. If the devnotes are any indication, they take man-weeks of work, man-weeks that could be spent making more or better art assets for the game. Seems like a ton of effort for a couple of minute long video that few people will watch more than once, if at all.

That and it's a bit misrepresentative of the game to have better models and graphics in promotional materials. Not quite a bullshot as it's not claimed to be in game footage, but it's a bit disappointing that all that model and texture work doesn't make it into the game.

I think they should make even more of them. It can be outsourced to another company.

Squad is just being so secretive about .25 which could mean they have something big in store :0.0: Let me know what you think they're doing (other than SPP implementation)

Personally, with the recent review of Gas Planet 2, I think they're reworking/reskinning the planets as they had different ideas for a few that haven't been implemented yet such as Laythe (i believe, could be wrong) is going to be full of volcanoes and basically it would be a much more hostile moon than it is now. So stuff like that so that when they add the new GP2 everything will be updated, cool, and just all around amazing, even for KSP.

Your ideas?

I really hope that you are right and Squad will make something to planets. At least biomes. But I do not believe that. I think that if they did that, they would give some hints. But unfortunately they have concentrated to boring and bureaucratic ground stuff in last updates and administration does not sound very interesting too. I would have increased difficulty by technical resources (living support stuff, maintaining of components with finite lifetime etc.) instead of economical. I hope that they make planet, technical, and physical overhaul before final version.

The new spaceplane parts and a further enhancement to career mode.

The big coding project and the big modelling project - which might be the same thing or two separate things - won't be done for .25, they're for a later release.

Hopefully biomes for everywhere. It's not really possible to balance career mode until they set the amount of science available in different locations.

I think your name is funny, it's like the answer to the topic's title:

"Why does my spaceplane not work" -> Moar Boosters;

"What do you think is in store for us" -> Moar Boosters

etc'...

I suspect based on my admittedly minimal dev note readings that planet reskinning is maybe the big project they are working on. Making better textures, maybe even adding weather which affects launches and landings (try to launch your monstrosity rocket in a thunder storm?). I hope my little laptop can keep up!

I'm all for big updates, but since .24 all I read when I see, "our biggest update yet," is, "you're going to be waiting aaaaages for this one."

Rather wait ages for quality than have it rushed and be completely broken, you know like most major game companies do. Here is my unofficial official list of what is coming:

1. Thingsâ„¢

and

2. Stuffâ„¢

And we will be getting them soonâ„¢

For sure, I'm not asking things to be rushed. But maybe more minor updates than few major ones. A trickle-in to keep kids interested, rather than pining. But I'm not fussing, I like KSP and what Squad's doing so whatever.