Hopelessly Addicted

SiliconPyro

On Sunday night, my friend sent me an email about KSP. Monday I downloaded the demo and made a successful orbit pretty quickly. It has been downhill from there. I have a tendency to get caught up in a game and head to bed a little late. Portal 2, Skyrim, Civ 5 and others have all resulted in occasional late nights. None of them compares with KSP. Call it a game or a simulator or whatever, it has gots its hooks in me good. God help me when docking becomes a reality.

I feel the same. When I picked up this game pre-orbital-map, it took me about 3 days to figure out orbital speeds and trajectories. As soon as I completed my first successful orbit (which required leaving your craft in flight for about an hour to make sure its perigee wasn\'t in the atmosphere (no time-warp yet!)), I was completely hooked. To this day, I think the only game I have more hours into is Diablo II, and I played that for years, and I\'m willing to bet, in about 6 more months, KSP will surpass that as well.

On Sunday night, my friend sent me an email about KSP. Monday I downloaded the demo and made a successful orbit pretty quickly. It has been downhill from there. I have a tendency to get caught up in a game and head to bed a little late. Portal 2, Skyrim, Civ 5 and others have all resulted in occasional late nights. None of them compares with KSP. Call it a game or a simulator or whatever, it has gots its hooks in me good. God help me when docking becomes a reality.

I might have to quit playing before docking arrives. I keep imagining building huge space stations. That will turn this from a game into... er... something else.

I might have to quit playing before docking arrives. I keep imagining building huge space stations. That will turn this from a game into... er... something else.

Building a space station will be bad, but a proper mun mission with an orbiting return craft and the ability to assemble a base over multiple missions . . . that\'s just not going to be good at all.

Building a space station will be bad, but a proper mun mission with an orbiting return craft and the ability to assemble a base over multiple missions . . . that\'s just not going to be good at all.

That would be disastrous.