[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

Is there a difference between docking adapters when it comes to the camera?

No, there is not - it will work on any of the standard Squad docking ports.

Can i activate the camera in another way? With a key?

No.

Have you installed any other add-ons since it was last known working? A conflict with a newly-installed mod is one possible cause. Other than that, check the ksp log for any errors thrown by the lazor plugin.

if i dock with another craft, then use the manipulator arm to extract something from my cargo bay, how do i attach it (using docking ports) to the craft i am already joined with?

is this not possible without releasing it?

if i dock with another craft, then use the manipulator arm to extract something from my cargo bay, how do i attach it (using docking ports) to the craft i am already joined with?

is this not possible without releasing it?

Correct, because while it's attached to the arm it is part of the same vessel. One reliable workaround I have found is to have a small decoupler mounted on the assembly you are manipulating, and attach the robotic arm to the decoupler, then when the docking ports are aligned but a short distance apart, fire the decoupler. It's easier if the decoupler and docking port are on opposite sides, but with care and attention it can be a radial attach. I usually use some custom decouplers with reduced explosive power for the job (a reduced value of x in the 'ejectionForce = x' line in the part.cfg and renaming the part with the 'name =' lines is all that's needed)

Hey for some reason my missiles are exploding miles away from my targets. I try to fire the cruise missile, but it only goes about 5 miles before it blows up. Anybody have a fix for this?

You have to expand the KSP loading range to use the missiles beyone the standard 5 or so Km. Use the config panel in space center for that.

Oh yes and i guess it's no secret anymore, i'm working on a new application launcher for KSP and i'm planning to modify lazor to integrate with that system once it is ready. So no more complaining about the space center lazor interface :P

Oh yes and i guess it's no secret anymore, i'm working on a new application launcher for KSP and i'm planning to modify lazor to integrate with that system once it is ready. So no more complaining about the space center lazor interface :P

So the new launcher will let you set mod options before loading into the game proper? neat

Any other awesome beans to spill :P (like per-save mod enable/disable, because that would be fantastic)

Edited by NoMrBond

Hello to all.

I am 'trying' to use the extending docking ports from the TiberdyneShuttle mod with the docking camera option. I have built many config files to add the camera to all of my other docking ports and they all work fine, but, for some reason the TiberDyneShuttle docking ports seem to orient the camera backwards. Great view of the bottom of my cargobay. The docking port is oriented correctly, as it extends and will dock successfully with other ports. Only the integration of the docking camera seems to be suspect.

As I have not had any trouble with other ports, I 'wrongly' thought that i had this set up correctly, but that does not seem to be correct.

Has anyone else successfully integrated the docking camera with the TiberDyneShuttle extending ports and if so, HOW..??????

Or, does anyone know of any other extending ports that i can put in the cargo hold and then extend once the cargo bay doors are open....

I am trying not to use the B9 surface mount docking port, but I have not had any luck finding any other extending ones.

Thanks to any and all information...

Cheers.

Hello to all.

I am 'trying' to use the extending docking ports from the TiberdyneShuttle mod with the docking camera option. I have built many config files to add the camera to all of my other docking ports and they all work fine, but, for some reason the TiberDyneShuttle docking ports seem to orient the camera backwards. Great view of the bottom of my cargobay. The docking port is oriented correctly, as it extends and will dock successfully with other ports. Only the integration of the docking camera seems to be suspect.

As I have not had any trouble with other ports, I 'wrongly' thought that i had this set up correctly, but that does not seem to be correct.

Has anyone else successfully integrated the docking camera with the TiberDyneShuttle extending ports and if so, HOW..??????

Or, does anyone know of any other extending ports that i can put in the cargo hold and then extend once the cargo bay doors are open....

I am trying not to use the B9 surface mount docking port, but I have not had any luck finding any other extending ones.

Thanks to any and all information...

Cheers.

i'm not too sure how i got it to wok but i did and i can say that it failed because although i got it to work the right way it was INSIDE the extendable docking port instead of on the very edge (the part that actually docks with the other docking port)

what about LLLs extendable birthing port?

@romfarer: nice tool, but I'm a bit disappointing we can't target a location, in fact, what's the point of having a locations management without this feature ?

( I don't mean target for destroying/killing, but for reaching :) ).

Thanks for your work, I don't understand why Squad put a docking window without anything to aim at (unfinished business ?)

Still trying to figure out why the TiberDyneShuttle docking port extenders and the docking port camera, have the camera 'locked' in place at what seems to be the bottom of the extending tube. If not extended, the camera view is correct, but when extended it is just looking inside of the tube.

If anyone ever cracks this one, please let me know...

cheers.

Hey there,

I've been using this mod for a while and I really enjoy it. So thanks :). When I installed HotRockets today I noticed that the afterburners no longer work. From a bit of poking around this appears to be due to the way HotRockets/Smokescreen change the engine particle effects. I haven't had time to have an in-depth look at the Lazor System source code yet - I've briefly looked over the CFG_yellow file, but I can't quite tell at first glance how it can tell if the yellow particles intersect with the exhaust particles (need to look into how KSP handles these things).

If anyone knows with a good handle on the source could briefly explain to me how the intersection between the yellow stuff and exhaust is handled I'd be grateful (I'm a fairly proficient coder but have never attempted to build a KSP mod, or done much C# for that matter :/). I'll probably pop over to smokescreen tomorrow to see if I can see how that handles its particles.

Thanks again for the cool mod - it's definitely in my stock list now,

Cheers,

Goobley

Still trying to figure out why the TiberDyneShuttle docking port extenders and the docking port camera, have the camera 'locked' in place at what seems to be the bottom of the extending tube...

It's down to the mesh of the model file for the animated docking port, Tiberion would need to change it, but it may not be possible because of the animation, you'd best approach him for a possible solution.

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but the lazor missile explosion animation doesn't seem to work properly. Instead of fire and smoke it's just white squares spinning away from the explosion. Also, they seem to be unable to fly in a straight line in space (though I'm guessing that's intentional).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.