• KSP launches on XBox One, update on EU PS4 release

KasperVld

kspxboxft.png

Hello everyone!

Tomorrow Kerbal Space Program will launch on XBox One. We’re very excited to share our passion for the game, rockets and space with a lot of new players, and we hope that many of you will not only enjoy Kerbal Space Program, but that you will also be inspired to create, to share, and to explore the galaxy like so many PC players over the years.

Kerbal Space Program will be available for $39.99 or your regional equivalent in the XBox One store as a digital download at the Midnight of your locale (Pacific Time in the United States). The game will be available in Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Mexico, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, the Republic of Ireland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the United States. We’re still looking into the possibility of releasing in more countries, though we still require age ratings and other administrative certifications to do so.

We’ve received a lot (a lot!) of questions about the European release for PlayStation 4 as well. Rest assured we’re working on this. The PlayStation is not one single instance, but is divided into three regions: America, Europe and Japan. For a game to release in a certain region it needs to be certified there, regardless of previous certifications. There are further regional differences, but it’s not within the scope of this message to dive into that. We’re working to get the certification to release in Europe, and we thank everyone who has patiently followed the news on this topic. We’ll get KSP to your console as soon as possible, and we'll keep you updated during this process.

Reaching this point would’ve been impossible without the help of Flying Tiger Entertainment, who were with us every step of the way leading up to this release.

Fly safe (preferably).

Edited by KasperVld

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Xbox have wheels and landing gear that works correctly, or is this just a money grab with a still broken system? If it's the previous, maybe I'll switch platforms.(*whispers* go back to the old wheel system.. no body gives a crap about sliding wheels.. It's a space flight sim.. not a racing game.)

Edited by Talavar

22 hours ago, Redneck said:

I can only help but think its all only for the revenue generated

*baffled silence*

What did you think it was for before?

Edited by Corona688

On 15/07/2016 at 6:03 AM, Redneck said:

I can only help but think its all only for the revenue generated and new console users. Im just not feeling the excitement of a KSP on a console. A Console costs what 400 500$? When a PC at walmart for the same or less money that will run KSP throw in a video card plug it into your flat screen TV for a extra 100$. I just dont get it. Why? I not trying to be a troll. I honestly am trying to understand the thinking/reasoning behind KSP on consoles. I was reading the planned features for KSP  and where it was talking about porting to cell phones was marked as shelved or red meaning it wasnt planned. To me it would make more sense that if you really wanted to go to a different platform it would be the cell phone. Everybody has one of those these days. I have a console but there is no way, when I have a pc, that I would purchase KSP for a console. I dont know...I just dont understand. 40$ for PS4 version or 40$ for PC version thats mod-able and allows for so much more content. To me it is a no-brainer

It's easy for a person who owns this on  PC to say what's the point putting it on console. Well mate not everyone has a PC like you nor can most afford one either. This is a chance for me to play something I've been looking forward to. 

22 hours ago, KasperVld said:

The game became available at noon in the UK, we're looking into things but right now I personally suspect that the game will be available from noon in your local timezone onwards (noon PDT for the U.S.)

What about the UAE? 

8 hours ago, Phil Davies said:

It's easy for a person who owns this on  PC to say what's the point putting it on console. Well mate not everyone has a PC like you nor can most afford one either. This is a chance for me to play something I've been looking forward to. 

Awsome! Enjoy! 

Edited by Redneck

I've been playing KSP for a while now on PC and as soon as I saw KSP for sale on my xbox one I did not hesitate to drop $40 to get it. I think I paid what, $15, $20 way back when and have received free updates ever since and tons of free mods through this forum.  You guys deserve all the revenue you will be getting through console release. Congrats!

On July 16, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

It's showing as available in the UAE for me, through the xbox website anyway.

What about the ps4 can't find it? Maybe I'm just reading the original arrival wrong? Where did they release KSP in for the PlayStation?

On 7/17/2016 at 2:27 AM, MasterChiefTN said:

If I bought the game on PC first do I have to buy the game again on console?

Yes. The PC version covers Mac, Linux, and Windows versions. The XBoxOne and PS4 versions are separate purchases.

9 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

What about the ps4 can't find it? Maybe I'm just reading the original arrival wrong? Where did they release KSP in for the PlayStation?

I assumed since the post was in the XBoxOne release thread that you were referring to that version. AFAIK the PS4 version is only available in the "Americas" region at the moment.

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

Yes. The PC version covers Mac, Linux, and Windows versions. The XBoxOne and PS4 versions are separate purchases.

I assumed since the post was in the XBoxOne release thread that you were referring to that version. AFAIK the PS4 version is only available in the "Americas" region at the moment.

Thanks dude

I wish KSP was for PS3 at least i can make my kerbals suffer on PC. well then i may consider my PS3 useless. maybe i posted in the wrong post

Edited by AlmostNASA

I don't expect Squad to have any updates on the PS4 Europe release until that one final update: that is has passed SCEE certification and will be out next week. It's simply not in their hands, as far as I understand. As far as SCEE is concerned: they manage to do their thing most of the time but when something goes wrong it can take months, other games have had inexplicible delays here as well. And it's not even sure we can truly blame SCEE, digitally the EU single market is still in its infancy so who knows what kind of legislation or silliness is causing a hold-up. I'd appreciate a more detailed explanation from the involved parties but often the department doing the communication also knows little more than "sorry all we can tell is no-go". I'm just trying to stay positive by telling myself I'll be able to skip PS4 Kerbal and blast off with the Neo. :wink:

Edited by robkaper

I apologize for the awful English, the text is translated by Google.

I was unpleasantly surprised by the absence of any information from the SQUAD on the causes of the failure of the PS4 European release, about the state of affairs at the moment, what they do, and about the new proposed release date... They even July 12 claimed that everything is OK, and it's just "timezones" ... It's disrespectful.

Edited by Kerbuvim