Kerbal Gendered Names.

Hello, long time lurker, I just joined to voice a suggestion on a matter very close to my heart. I know the mods want to keep the politics out of things so I will just say some people are not the gender they are born, and may wish to identify as a different gender. That said, KSP is on the cusp of unveiling the new female kerbals. Now I dont know how that will work, or what will happen, but I am assuming there will be gendered name lists when kerbals are recruited in the astronaut center. That is why I feel now is the time to make this suggestion.

As a member of the LGBT community, I was wondering if maybe like 1 out of every 20 or so male kerbals could get a female name, and vice-versa for the females. pre-transition mis-gendered persons like myself would appreciate that. That is all.

At the moment there are just a ton of randomly picked names (most of which are male). So occasionally this gives female names to male kerbals.

I assume what will happen is some more female names will be added along with the new models but I wouldn't be surprised if the name selector kept just handing out random names.

If specific names or anything are tied to specific biological features it becomes prejudice. I hope the "female kerbals" thing just means the kerbals are going to have a more varied body type, and it doesn't affect gameplay whether its about names, skills, or how frequently each body type appears.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.