Best Eve Lander Design

Hi there KSP community!

I've been working on Eve for a very, very, very (do I have to continue?) time. Ever since Robbaz back in 2014 rescued Bob from sea-level (and this is where I need to go for unrelated reasons), I've always wondered, "What's the best way to do this?" So what is the best way for an Eve lander? Asprages? Tall? Wide? Remember, this is a sea-level voyage I'm talking about.:huh:

You can also try a aircraft design, ive made a 3 stage plane that took off from eve and got in orbit (was left with under 5 RCS for that one, needed to circularize with my docking fuel :D). This was from a very high spot, so i wouldnt consider it super badass mode, landed on a somewhat flatish zone atop a mountain.

Anyways, planes aside, probably heavy asparagus (and at the bare minimum a very wide landing base, you are free to ditch that once you take off). Aerospikes, despite their very high mass, are actually rather nice here as they are the only engine that works relatively well in atmo as thick as eve's.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.