Kerbin Geographic And Science Society

togfox

Greetings again, members of the KGSS!

Once again I apply for naming a kerbographic feature, however this time it is (maybe) a major one!

The required data can be found below.

Name: Monster Bay

Coordinates: 28° 8' 39" N|84° 15' 51"W

screenshot28.png

Here you can see the location and the coordinates.

screenshot30.png

A bit closer. Can you see why I suggest this name? No? Well, then look below.

MonsterBay.jpg

At least to me and with quite a bit of imagination, 1 looks like some kind of ear, 2 looks like an eye, 3 looks like a mouth (including a tooth) and 4 looks like some kind of hand.

I also apply for naming an island. The discoverer, Ferzor Kerman, sadly couldn't come back to his family because he fell off the ladder when he wanted to climb back into his ship and died.

Name(first option, this should be used if the name "Monster Bay" for the area the island is in gets approved): Ferzor Eyeland

Name(second option, this should be used if the above name is not used): Ferzor Kerman Memorial Island

Coordinates: 28° 8' 39" N|84° 15' 51"W

Just look at the screenshots above. The coordinates are the coordinates of the island.

screenshot25.png

Ferzor Kerman on the island. You can see his spaceship, the Kerbin Explorer Beta, in the background.

screenshot29.png

The island seen from above.

And now the most major feature I apply to name: The Jebediah Kerman Crater!

Name: Jebediah Kerman Crater

Coordinates: 4° 20' 8" S|90° 59' 2" E

screenshot22%20%282%29.png

Coordinates and location.

screenshot21%20%282%29.png

Jebediah Kerman on top of his rover.

I understand that polls will be required for naming some of these features.

Again, thanks for reading and hopefully considering the names!

Live long and prosper!

Edited by Mr_Brain

Hello, I would humbly request to have the crater found at 37 Degrees, 48 minutes 58 seconds South and 355 Degrees, 44 Minutes 44 Seconds west be named Armstrong Crater, in honor of his passing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31892[/ATTACH]

And here is the image of my craft arrived there.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31893[/ATTACH]

I can provide more pictures of the descent and landing site if needed.

Oh, okay, well, seeing as how Armstrong crater will be used for another crater, may I request a different name for the crater?

I propose Conrad Crater. He, along with Armstrong, was one of my astronaut heroes.

Edited by blueshirt21

So we'll have to go with blueshirts original nomination. Seems the crater I want to call "Armstrong's Crater" is already claimed unofficially as "Silisko's Crater".

Here is the latest Mun map with Armstrong's Crater and Eagles Landing marked. :)

munsites.jpg

Isn't "Armstrong Crater" on that map actually one of the (still unnamed) maria?

If so, perhaps "Mare Armstrong" or something along those lines might be better. Or pick some other name for the sea, especially since we have the landing (and Silisko's memorial, come 0.17) further north.

Not to dismiss the sentiment and/or accomplishment, but the name doesn't fit the feature.

Hey guys, I know the fiction board was taken down, but every time I look at this area, it for some reason makes me feel really good. SO I want to designate this area:

NEW_ZOKESIA.png

The country of Zokesia.

I love this area, with its islands and peninsulas, it is so beautiful.... I imagine it would look like England.

God save the King!

EDIT:

Im going to write a journal on everything about the country, form its landmarks to its culture, government, etc......

Edited by zekes

Hey all; i'm going to be pleased working with this and can't wait for new planets. In the meanwhile i'm going to claim the name for one of Minmus' most outstanding features. I want to know if it's been claimed yet.

plateau1.png

plateau2.png

plateau3.png

As you can see this huge plateau stands up from the otherwise random landscape; it's easy to notice but i still can't find it in the Quikgrid. So i propose to name it Colossus Plateau; in honor of the Apollo guidance computer OS that guided Apollo 8 around the moon in the first circumlunar flight; and also because it is so amazingly defined as if it was carved out of the ice by a giant. Along with the main geographical feature, i also request that the Area defined by a rectangle from 11°36'31''N - 253°57'24"W to 11°39'24"N - 254°0'52" be from now on referred to as the New Montreal Surface Base.

The landing of those probes was quite uneventful; Minsat 3 landed practically on the other side of Minmus then made a ballistic hop and adjusted for a precise landing next to it. Both probes have at least 50% fuel left and next stop might be those methane lakes.

I inquire; who has the best map of Minmus?

Edited by Lunik

Thanks simple. I cant quite pick that on the map but it should be fine. Its a large crater so others can also nominate.

Zekes, you've got quite a large area there but it is well defined. Lets name it as you suggest tentatively for now. Definately poll material.

Thanks for the feedback ben :)

Lunik, you shold be okay with hat. Not much on mn,us has been claimed. Raw maps in csv format are aalable n the original post along with some images. Starting on the last page and working backwards will show the latest maps with names. Remember the maps are provided by the community for the community. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.